Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)

Go down 
+8
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Cheaps
Shale
CeCe
Chris
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) Empty
PostSubject: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:16 am

Would a tyrannical boss or teacher who was insulting and/or nearly impossible to take be enough for you to quit on the spot (despite your needing this job, or it being a class that was required for your major)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:30 am

Would and has. Character flaw or not, I'll only put up with so much.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 am

CeCe wrote:
Would and has. Character flaw or not, I'll only put up with so much.
co-signs
Same here - I have walked off the job in the middle of a shift because of a micromanaging boss. Later found out he had such a bad rep in this field that it was a plus on my resume in getting another job.

I am just hanging by a thread on my present job because the new CEO is an ass and I no longer enjoy coming to work (where I am right now - goofing off). If it weren't for this economy and absolutely no prospects for employment at my age I would have walked off a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 am

yes ive quit jobs before cuz of management..actually wait, i think ive waited til they fired me..Smile
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:59 am

About every professor I had in college was miserable to endure but I had no choice, I had to stay in the classes and finish them.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Chris wrote:
Would a tyrannical boss or teacher who was insulting and/or nearly impossible to take be enough for you to quit on the spot (despite your needing this job, or it being a class that was required for your major)?

No way. I'd certainly be looking to get out of Dodge ASAP but I'm not putting my family at risk like that. I'll keep showing up to do my job as best I can and if they fire me, they fire me.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I almost considered dropping a class this semester for similar reasons but I hung in there and I think I might make it out of this in one piece. lol
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I almost considered dropping a class this semester for similar reasons but I hung in there and I think I might make it out of this in one piece. lol

I am so proud of my lil bro!
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Unbearable is unbearable, so yeah, it probably would. I feel like I get along with most everyone, but there was one boss that I just couldn't take. She was awful.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:

Now if I can get out with an A, that'd be something. BUT half my grade is riding on this research paper so it's still a ways to go. BUT the teacher said I was doing good today so that made me happy. Smile The class has really shrunk though. FORGIVENESS MAN 60% dropped already and the teacher says that's low. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

Now if I can get out with an A, that'd be something. BUT half my grade is riding on this research paper so it's still a ways to go. BUT the teacher said I was doing good today so that made me happy. Smile The class has really shrunk though. Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) 147467 60% dropped already and the teacher says that's low. Wink

That should send a message to the teacher.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 pm

If it was bad then I would toughen up my skin while looking for alternate employment, but I'm not in a position to walk away from my job over personality conflict.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Jason B. wrote:
If it was bad then I would toughen up my skin while looking for alternate employment, but I'm not in a position to walk away from my job over personality conflict.

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) 35166 . I'd definitely utilize all of my resources however. I definitely would not stay silent about a manager or teacher giving me a hard time. Somebody is gonna know something.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 am

unbearable teacher - no - because I paid for the class but I'd get my revenge filling out the review. We had a really bad prof once and a friend was in the office when the head of the department was goign over her reviews. He came out and said that they needed to check out the reviews, as it wasn't good. A friend of mine started smoking again as a result of that class and a bunch of us complained about her biases and her narrow-mindedness. She was a radical feminist in the worst possible way so I'll leave it at that, as I'm sure you can imagine what it would have been like taking a social science class from her.

with a tyrannical boos, I'd be looking for work elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)   Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)
Page 1 of 1