What was the first album you owned? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was the first album you owned?

Go down 
+7
Nystyle709
Supernova
RobbieFTW
CeCe
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Alan Smithee
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

What was the first album you owned? Empty
PostSubject: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:48 am

What was the first album you owned? And did your parents ever give you a hard time because of, or object to, your music while you were growing up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:57 am

I think it was Steppenwolf (name of the band and titile of the first album). I don't remember my mother diving me a hard time but one of my friend's mother's wasn't too pleased because it had the cover of Hoyt Axton's The Pusher with "Goddamn, the pusherman."
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:11 am

First record: Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love 12"

First CD: Journey - Greatest Hits

First cassette: uh...Queen - Hot Space?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:24 am

Wow lol...I'm thinking it might have been the Stones "Let it Bleed" album. Could have been Hendrix. It didn't matter what I listened to, they hated it.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:05 am

First cd i ever owned was DAYDREAM by Mariah Carey. My mom & dad never paid attention to my music that much so it was never an issue.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

I think it was the soundtrack to the Pokemon movie.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Gosh, I honestly don't remember. I think it was the "Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em" album by MC Hammer. But my parents never really objected to my music. I could listen to whatever I wanted to pretty much. Of course, I made sure to limit me listening to the 'gangsta' or hardcore rap around my folks but me and my folks genuinely have the same taste in music. So it was never a problem. I get my love of music from my father.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 pm

One of the New Kids on the Block albums - think it might have been Hangin' Tough but I bought a couple at the same time. They didn't object to me buying it, but I think they raised a few brows over some of my brother's music choices. I was always pretty conservative in my choices.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 am

o lawd, cyndi lauper she so unusual.. prolly somethin u wouldnt expect huh Smile
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 pm

U2's The Joshua Tree
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:04 am

This is the first record I remember owning when i was 5yrs old. The first "adult" cassette I had was madonna's Like A Virgin-- I was in like 4th grade.

My mother didnt "censor" what we played, but she hated the hiphop/rap. One song had a bell ringing in the background that she always thought was the "door is ajar" warning in the car. And in Public Enemy's Dont Believe the hYpe, there was a sound that she swore was a dying cat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the first album you owned?   What was the first album you owned? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was the first album you owned?
Page 1 of 1