CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
TPP
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters

Can you tell when you're being lied to?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Can you tell when you're being lied to? Empty Can you tell when you're being lied to?

Post by Chris Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 am

When you get the sense that someone is lying to your face, do you call them on it, or do you let them think they're getting away with it?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Can you tell when you're being lied to? Empty Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:45 am

Ohhh yeah. If I suspect it, I will still give them the benefit of the doubt. And when I find out for sure you were lying, if it's that important....you'll definitely hear it.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Can you tell when you're being lied to? Empty Re: Can you tell when you're being lied to?

Post by TPP Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:53 am

I will be like, "are you sure?" and if they insist then I make a mental note of it. Mostly I don't think people are lying to me though.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Depends on who it is, sometimes I don't really care if the person is lying, depends on how I feel about them.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm

It depends on the situation. In the last while, I have noticed that one of our close family friends lies a lot, and if it is not out and out lying, it is stretching the truth to make himself sound better. I don't even bother to call him on it, but now I am way less inclined to believe anything he says.

So, while I rarely call people out on lies, it really does change how I look at them if they do it often enough.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 pm

It depends on who it is and what the situations is. I'll do what red does and ask if they're sure. I work with a lot of kids who will lie and I'll call them on it with certain kids and other times I'll tease it out of them, like this one kid who claimed he wasn't running in the halls. I looked at him and said "Just like I'm not standing here in the hall" and it took him a second but he got the point and smiled and said if I didn't tell, he wouldn't and we laughed it off. It depends on the person and situation for me. Sometimes I'll let them get away with it but I won't usually call someone out directly, even if I know they're lying.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:30 am

RedBedroom wrote:It depends on the situation. In the last while, I have noticed that one of our close family friends lies a lot, and if it is not out and out lying, it is stretching the truth to make himself sound better. I don't even bother to call him on it, but now I am way less inclined to believe anything he says.

So, while I rarely call people out on lies, it really does change how I look at them if they do it often enough.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm

bump
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Yep. I can usually tell. Like Tony said, it depends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:29 pm