Kids and Violent Video Games Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kids and Violent Video Games

Go down 
+5
Forgiveness Man
jennab85
Nystyle709
Supernova
stonestatic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

Kids and Violent Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 am

Okay I don't have any kids myself and when I was a kid I wasn't a big vid. game freak. So this was never an issue with me, but I never got the upset over so-called "violent" video games and kids. A video game is a video game. It's cartoony computer graphics. Is it that big a deal if the imagery is violent? I don't see it being on the same level as a violent movie. It seems like unnecessary coddling. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 am

I have to disagree, now violent ones like Mortal Kombat and King's Quest 8, we had those, I liked them...but something like Grand Theft Auto where the goal is to steal cars and shoot people for bonus points, no forget it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:34 am

Depends on how 'violent' I guess. I won't let my 10 yr old play Grand Theft Auto. But if it's a kung fu or karate game or something like that, I wouldn't mind it.
Back to top Go down
jennab85
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 pm

I agree with both Nystyle and Supernova, I wouldn't mind games like Mortal Kombat but I wouldn't be ok with my kids playing Grand Theft Auto.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 pm

I think there is a certain point at which violent video games just go too far.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 pm

stonestatic wrote:
Okay I don't have any kids myself and when I was a kid I wasn't a big vid. game freak. So this was never an issue with me, but I never got the upset over so-called "violent" video games and kids. A video game is a video game. It's cartoony computer graphics. Is it that big a deal if the imagery is violent? I don't see it being on the same level as a violent movie. It seems like unnecessary coddling. What do you think?

I was never a video game fanatic either. I think that I was already a teenager when they introduced the rating system, and by then I had moved on from game playing. From what I have observed from afar, some of them can be on the "graphic" side, and I know that the making of them have turned into these lavish productions, with known actors providing the voices for characters, and a music soundtracks. So basically, it looks as though they have become like interactive feature films…and since there are movies that are inappropriate for kids, I guess this would apply to certain games as well.

But honestly, I sometimes DO have a hard time wrapping my head around how serious some people are about how "inappropriate" some games are for kids. When I think of video games, I think of Mario for Nintendo and Sonic the Hedgehog and Sega Genesis, and they were like cereal boxes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:58 am

Nhaiyel wrote:

But honestly, I sometimes DO have a hard time wrapping my head around how serious some people are about how "inappropriate" some games are for kids. When I think of video games, I think of Mario for Nintendo and Sonic the Hedgehog and Sega Genesis, and they were like cereal boxes.

That's how I still tend to think of video games, but it's sure not what you see anymore, all the games you see now are shoot everybody, shoot cops, run down pedestrians, shoot hookers in the heads for bonus points, we've come a LONG way from Super Mario Brothers, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Moonwalker and Tetris.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 am

Supernova wrote:
Nhaiyel wrote:

That's how I still tend to think of video games, but it's sure not what you see anymore, all the games you see now are shoot everybody, shoot cops, run down pedestrians, shoot hookers in the heads for bonus points, we've come a LONG way from Super Mario Brothers, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Moonwalker and Tetris.

ITA with both of you! The really violent video games seem more lie RPG games than video games. I know they can all fall under that category, but there's a difference between Mario kicking up his heals and floating to the top of my screen and someone getting blown to pieces or mutilatedand so forth.

I don't have kids but when I do, I'm going to monitor the games they play and keep them age-appropriate. There are some pretty disturbing games out that. ITA about Grand Auto Theft.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:39 am

A lot of video games today follow a script/storyline and can be very graphic, like a movie. So I can't argue against the rating system, or some being deemed inappropriate for kids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Some video games are inappropriate for kids, but this isn't an area that the government should be regulating IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids and Violent Video Games   Kids and Violent Video Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Kids and Violent Video Games
Page 1 of 1