Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Nhaiyel
Supernova
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? Empty
PostSubject: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 am

Do you think men and women have evolved, socially, enough to be able to share resting/changing quarters without it being an issue? If locker rooms and public restrooms were integrated, do you think it would inspire rape and/or sexual assault?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 am

There are a lot of people who think it would make it all the more easier for women to be attacked, and maybe it would, I don't know, what I do know is as we stand, unless the men's room is out of order, you better have a damn good excuse being in the ladies room. And you know what, we have to use the same bathrooms at home, when I'm out in a public place and use the restroom, I for one am glad if there's going to be anybody else in there, my only company is going to be other women.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 am

Unisex in changing and restrooms becomes a problem when you factor in the kids. At the very least it will inspire peeping toms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 am

Nhaiyel wrote:
Unisex in changing and restrooms becomes a problem when you factor in the kids. At the very least it will inspire peeping toms.

Indeeeed, and it's not really like kids are all that safe in bathrooms solely for their own kind, a few years back there was a story about a 6 year old boy being kidnapped from a movie theater restroom, and the only thing that stopped the guy from getting away was the kid screaming 'this is not my dad'.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:13 pm

I, too, think that there would be more peeping toms if more public rest rooms and locker rooms were shared.

It would be ridiculous for locker rooms to ever be shared. It goes without saying that minor locker rooms at schools shouldn't be co-ed. And as far as adults, the only locker rooms we have are where we pay money such as gyms, where privacy from the opposite should be expected and at jobs, where the same should be expected.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:39 pm

No and maybe. I wouldn't go that far about it inspiring more sexualt assaults, but it still isn't a good idea. I see no reason to change it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you think men and women have evolved, socially, enough to be able to share resting/changing quarters without it being an issue? No If locker rooms and public restrooms were integrated, do you think it would inspire rape and/or sexual assault? It could. it's easier to detect a (male) pervert now when you know he doesn't belong in the women's room.

I think we should leave well enough alone.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Chris wrote:
Do you think men and women have evolved, socially, enough to be able to share resting/changing quarters without it being an issue? No If locker rooms and public restrooms were integrated, do you think it would inspire rape and/or sexual assault? It could. it's easier to detect a (male) pervert now when you know he doesn't belong in the women's room.

I think we should leave well enough alone.

Yeah this is the way I lean too. I've used unisex restrooms before & there's never been an issue. But I gotta say even though I've never used a men's restroom, I do know there are things that go on in a women's room no man wants to see. Hell I don't want to see. So..yeah...
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:08 am

I think for the sake of comfort and modesty they should stay separated.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Nah people don't know how to act. If restrooms and changing rooms were shared by men and women, there would always be some kind of chaos, commotion and fight about wandering eyes, untoward comments and gestures and personal space.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:21 pm

I agree, leave it alone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?   Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?
Page 1 of 1