How soon would you let your child get a piercing? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How soon would you let your child get a piercing?

Go down 
+4
RedBedroom
2xy
CeCe
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

How soon would you let your child get a piercing? Empty
PostSubject: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:16 am

Nhaiyel created that thread about piercing baby girls ears.

https://conversationchamber.forumotion.net/t3007-parents-piercing-their-baby-girls-ears

A lot of people had strong opinions about whether or not a parent should do this. The side against it generally argued that a parent shouldn't be making a cosmetic alterations to body of their child without his or her consent.

So let's say you *don't* pierce your child's ears when they're babies. How old would they have to be before you get done? If your five year old daughter, or nine year old son, said that they wanted their ears pieced, would you oblige them on it then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 am

Ear piercing is not that big of a deal to me. So, whenever. If they want a dozen piercings in their face I'd rather they wait until they're well into their teens for that.
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:28 am

I am one who doesn't believe in cosmeticallly altering someone's body without their consent. I wouldn't go by age so much as maturity level when considering a piercing. If they're old enough to ask for it and to properly care for the piercing, I'd consider it. I would try to talk my child out of a tongue piercing for health reasons, though.

My younger son wanted an ear pierced when he was nine, actually. We got it done, but the hole closed up in less than a year because he lost interest in it and took the earring out.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:21 pm

My son will have to be at least 16 before I would let him pierce anything.

For a daughter, I would probably be open to her getting ears pierced at about five if she was good about things like hair brushing and bathing. If she put up a fuss about those things, I wouldn't have high hopes that she would let me keep her ears cleaned after piercing.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Daughter can get it, son can't.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm with Red. It would be a combo of maturity and responsibility as well as age.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm not spending money on something as unnecessary as a piercing. My kids can get it as soon as they can drive themselves to & from the ear piercing place and are able to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:35 pm

I personally would let my child get them when they were five, if they asked for them. But my husband would never agree to that, so it's not happening! Besides he's brainwashed her into thinking they are incredibly painful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How soon would you let your child get a piercing?   How soon would you let your child get a piercing? Empty

Back to top Go down

How soon would you let your child get a piercing?
Page 1 of 1