The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.

Go down 
+5
Marc™
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
Supernova
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Who loves Left-Eye's music? The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. 742817
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:25 am

Aside from TLC, and those few outside cameo raps she did for other artists like Donnell Jones and Lil Kim, I honestly haven't heard much of her work. I know she recorded a solo album that was shelved in the US, but was available on import. She had signed with Death Row Records to record a solo album, but she died before anything came out of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:37 am

Supernova is a great album, and about last year, an album came out called Eye-Legacy which has reworked versions of her Supernova songs, some that she recorded with other artists, and one she did with her sister Raina Lopes. From what I've heard of that one, it's pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:42 am

I can't believe we've never gotten around to talking about these girls.

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. 200px-TLC-Hat2DaBack

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. TLC-Baby-Baby-Baby-1664091

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. Tlc-12-12-08-2

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. 01_tlc_1992

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. Tlc

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. Tlc-noscrubs

What is there to say about them that hasn't already been said? In my opinion these three were the IT girls of the 90s, nobody knows what IT is but whatever it is, THEY had it. They had everything, great music, great looks, great attitudes, and with every album they did they changed so much and always came back with something new.

Now, CrazySexyCool, the most notorious time of their lives and their most successful album, a major point in their careers for them, however, I think their best music and their best looks were during the run of their first album, Ooooooooohhh on the TLC Tip:

How about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:48 am

my fave off ooooohh on the tlc tip is this one...

Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 am

I'm surprised you like them.....
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:02 am

^^ Who me??
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 am

cheaps wrote:
^^ Who me??

She probably means me.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:11 am

^^i see, well i know ur a big fan of left eye right? thats how u chose ur username? i think i remember u posting that
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 am

Yeah, that's right. It's kind of funny because I was telling a friend of mine, when I got my new email address I wanted the name to be Supernova like her album, but it was taken and so was it with every number I punched in, so I had to get something else. So when I got here I finally got to use the name I wanted.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 am

Supernova wrote:
Yeah, that's right. It's kind of funny because I was telling a friend of mine, when I got my new email address I wanted the name to be Supernova like her album, but it was taken and so was it with every number I punched in, so I had to get something else. So when I got here I finally got to use the name I wanted.

RIGHT ON! awesome
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:00 am

Chilli was my favorite one....although that tacky "What Chilli Wants" show on VH-1 kinda sorta chips away at her appeal.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:08 am

Marc™ wrote:
Chilli was my favorite one....although that tacky "What Chilli Wants" show on VH-1 kinda sorta chips away at her appeal.

could u believe her list marc?? i was like is she for real?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:19 am

cheaps wrote:
Marc™ wrote:

could u believe her list marc?? i was like is she for real?

I never saw that and I'm glad I didn't and I also never saw their R U the Girl? thing either. I don't think it's just a matter of things were never the same after Lisa died, when it came down to just T-Boz and Chilli left, it just didn't work anymore, like they by themselves were not enough to make it carry on without Lisa.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Chilli comes off so bratty and silly on her show. She was my favorite member of TLC, and I was a huge fan of theirs back in the day, but it definitely died with Left Eye. I probably liked her the least, but there's no question that she…despite being nuttier than a pecan…was real "talent," and understated drive behind that group.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Supernova wrote:
cheaps wrote:
^^ Who me??

She probably means me.

Yep. TLC doesn't seem like your 'type' of musical taste.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
Chilli comes off so bratty and silly on her show. She was my favorite member of TLC, and I was a huge fan of theirs back in the day, but it definitely died with Left Eye. I probably liked her the least, but there's no question that she…despite being nuttier than a pecan…was real "talent," and understated drive behind that group.

LOL, Nhaiyel. I totally agree though. I think Left Eye was definitely the smartest, most well spoken of the group. She was also the funniest. I liked all of them pretty much equally.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:19 pm

T-Boz was my favorite.

I liked Oooooh and CrazySexyCool.
FanMail was very hit and miss, and 3D just stunk (although, oddly, it features "Damaged," which is my all time favorite TLC song.)
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:26 pm

yall remember this? ROFLMAO!

when i was younger i never realized it was diddy on the "phone"
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:31 pm

^ That used to crack me up. I remember when I bought that CD, way back when it came out, my high school girlfriend told me I had to listen to that interlude.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Supernova wrote:

She probably means me.

Yep. TLC doesn't seem like your 'type' of musical taste.

They're one type, and have been for about 9 years.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, Nhaiyel. I totally agree though. I think Left Eye was definitely the smartest, most well spoken of the group. She was also the funniest. I liked all of them pretty much equally.

I agree, I think she was the smartest one as well. When they did that second Behind the Music after her death, one thing I couldn't get over was that she was going to Honduras and basically finding herself there and learning to be at peace with herself there and she wanted the others to come out with her and I guess share in the experience, and the only thing they could think of was that there'd be no TV there so they didn't go. When I heard that I was like deranged huh?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Chris wrote:
T-Boz was my favorite.

FanMail was very hit and miss, and 3D just stunk (although, oddly, it features "Damaged," which is my all time favorite TLC song.)

I liked "Hands Up".
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:48 pm

cheaps wrote:

yall remember this? ROFLMAO!

when i was younger i never realized it was diddy on the "phone"

LOL, yeah....that used to be funny as hell. What I really liked about TLC were their personalities. They really weren't afraid to be raw and blunt as hell. They liked to laugh and joke.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Chris wrote:
T-Boz was my favorite.

thats how i kinda feel too bout their cds, loved their first 2, i jammed no scrubs when it came out, then i bought fanmail and didnt like it, i returned it very next day, and i didnt even bother with 3D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.   The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next