Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged Empty
PostSubject: Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged   Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Quote :
Steven Holt, 18, was convicted of sex crimes in another state.

KTLA News
11:12 a.m. CDT, April 14, 2011

YUCCA VALLEY (KTLA) -- Parents at Yucca Valley High School say they're outraged that a convicted sex offender is enrolled as a student.

Steven Holt, 18, was convicted of sex crimes in Wisconsin.

Authorities in San Bernardino County have not released the details of his crimes, but Holt was reportedly involved in multiple sexual assaults with female victims between the ages of 6 and 15.

Holt was allowed to enroll in the special education program at Yucca Valley High on April 4, according to the Morongo Unified School District.

Holt was on campus last week and also rode a school bus, but he was supervised at all times, school officials said.

The district mailed a letter to the families of all its students on Friday explaining the situation.

The letter contained Holt's name and age, but no picture.

Many parents say they're outraged by the decision to allow a registered sex offender to attend classes.

District officials say they understand parents' concerns, but must they must still uphold Holt's right to an education.

Source: http://www.kwch.com/news/ktla-sex-offender-high-school,0,2889534.story
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged   Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Now if I was the parent of one of those students, my kid would be leaving that school VERY quickly. It's not even like it's just a matter of a girlfriend who was a year younger than him, MULTIPLE assaults with victims between 6 and 15, that is inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged   Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Here's what I'm not getting here. If he's a convicted sex offender & clearly this is not an 18 year old boyfriend, 17 year old girlfriend bullshit "sex offender" situation..why is he allowed to be around kids? I thought there were restrictions that are supposed to be in place.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged   Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:06 am

Disgusting! I'd be pulling my kids from that school yesterday! It's a shame they care more about educating a sex offender than protecting their students. Who cares what happens to the innocent little kids, so long as the sex offender gets his education.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1