Pregnant women and special parking privileges. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pregnant women and special parking privileges.

Go down 
+5
2xy
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Pregnant women and special parking privileges. Empty
PostSubject: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:00 am

Do you think that pregnant women should be granted parking permits to park in handicap spaces?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:19 am

Not in handicap spaces, no. I drug my extra 50 pounds 44 inch waist ass out of the car in August back in the day. It was uncomfortable. I was miserable & I dealt with it because it goes with the territory. Got no problem with those "expectant mother" spaces some businesses have even though they get abused in the same way as the handicap ones. But I'd hate to see some poor old lady or man who can barely get around have to walk halfway across the parking lot because of the sheer number of pregnant women constantly taking up those spaces.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Well, I've seen 'pregnancy' parking spaces in parking lots before, so no. There are already spaces available for them.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:27 pm

A spot or two in a lot is fine, but no parking permits.
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:43 pm

I think it depends upon the pregnancy. If the woman is suffering a difficult or problem pregnancy where she should be limiting the amount of time she spends on her feet, then I think she should qualify for a handicap permit. But she should have to apply for it like all the other handicapped people. It's not a given just because she's pregnant. Pregnancy, it itself, is not a disability. Pregnancy in combination with lupus, or horrendous varicose veins, or a separated pubic bone....well, that's a disability.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptyThu May 05, 2011 4:31 pm

If they were giving them out, I'd probably take one but it wouldn't be something I'd push for. Pregnant women aren't handicapped, and can still move about much easier than someone who is bound to a wheelchair.
Back to top Go down
jennab85
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:47 pm

2xy wrote:
I think it depends upon the pregnancy. If the woman is suffering a difficult or problem pregnancy where she should be limiting the amount of time she spends on her feet, then I think she should qualify for a handicap permit. But she should have to apply for it like all the other handicapped people. It's not a given just because she's pregnant. Pregnancy, it itself, is not a disability. Pregnancy in combination with lupus, or horrendous varicose veins, or a separated pubic bone....well, that's a disability.

I agree it should depend on the pregnancy and if the woman is having difficulties.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:07 am

Not in handicapped spaces but in family spaces or spaces for expentant/new mothers, depending on how far along she is. I have no problem with spaces like that being set aside.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you think that pregnant women should be granted parking permits to park in handicap spaces?

In most cases, no. If she has an unusually difficult pregnancy, then I think she should try to get a handicapped license and be allowed to park in those spaces, but if you're an average woman with an average pregnancy, then you need to park somewhere else like everybody else does. In healthy circumstances, pregnancy is not a handicap. What if someone in a wheelchair couldn't get in a handicap space because a healthy pregnant woman's car was there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.   Pregnant women and special parking privileges. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnant women and special parking privileges.
Page 1 of 1