Found money Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Found money

Go down 
+6
Shale
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
RobbieFTW
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Found money   Found money EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:34 am

When was the last time you found money (that wasn't yours?) Do you have any stories about finding random cash? Where was it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:21 am

i have a little story, its not technically finding cash but here it goes..

at work we require guests to put down a $50 cash deposit, if they would like to pay cash for their room, on top of paying for their full night stay, now they get that back at checkout time.. well my immediate supervisor noticed a guest didnt come down to collect their deposit. Now she waited for few days for the guest to either call or come back about their deposit, but hadnt heard from the guest. so after 2 weeks of hearing nothing, we decided to split the $50. at this point its been bout 2 month and still nothing...

was that bad?
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:12 am

I once found close to $100 outside a store blowing in the wind. The cash was flying all over and landing in the bushes and stuff. I ran behind it and tried to collect as much as possible. Then some lady came up to me and handed me a few more dollars she had caught blowing. She thought the money was mine and that I was just trying to retrieve it. LOL
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:21 pm

I guess I've found close to $75 in cash laying on the ground over the years. Poor orphaned Lincolns, Hamiltons and Jacksons. I gave them a good home.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:31 pm

alan smithee wrote:
I guess I've found close to $75 in cash laying on the ground over the years. Poor orphaned Lincolns, Hamiltons and Jacksons. I gave them a good home.

laughing laughing
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:34 pm

That last time I found any money was about a year and a half ago. I was just walking home, and it was raining too, and I happen to look on the ground and see all these dollar bills on the ground soaked. I picked up every last one of those drenched dollar bills, about 10 of them, took them home and spread them out over the heater to dry. Them being wet didn't faze me attall.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:44 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
...all these dollar bills on the ground soaked. I picked up every last one of those drenched dollar bills, about 10 of them, took them home and spread them out over the heater to dry. Them being wet didn't faze me attall.
I never found much money but this reminded me of the biggest amount.

When I was young and hung out in bars in New Orleans, I went to take a leak and there on the floor under the urinal was a wet crumpled $10 bill. I was half tanked anyhow so didn't even hesitate to pick up that soaking paper, drying it in a couple of paper towels and going out and handing it over to the barkeep.

Did you ever wonder where the money you've been handling has been? Sniff it some time (but not too hard since I've heard most dollar bills have coke on them)

Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:04 am

I am trying to recall any found money stories...my poor memory is not doing well now, but I know I have a good one.

One that I know is not my best is a $5 in a bar in Chicago as a kid, and $1 in a pair of rummage sale pants for a friend's kid.

My guy found a $100 dollar bill that is from the 30's.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:28 am

I was at the gas station about a year ago and as I went to grab a soda from the shelf, I spotted a $10 bill on the floor. No one was around so I picked it up and left feeling like I had won the lottery.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:00 am

I guess it would depend on how and where I found it. If it was in a wallet, it's easy to get it back to the owner but if it's just lying on the sidewalk, that's harder. The most I've ever found was $5. I used to find coins all the time as a child, though. My Dad joked that it was because I was closer to the ground but it was mostly because I was looking at the ground when I walked and was interested in what I was seeing down there - bugs, leaves, etc.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:05 pm

My total would be higher except once when I was in the drug store acroos the street from where I worked, i get to the counter and amoung the packs of gum and candy on dispaly below the counter I saw 2 $20 bills. I didn't know if it belonged to some old lady on Medicare or not. If It had been on the street - yoink, I would have made another adoption but I thought the right thing to do was turn it into the clerk behind the counter. For all I know she put the money in her pocket but if I loose sleep over $40, I've got bigger problems.

Shale is so right about the hygiene of cash or lack thereof. It is literally dirty, filthy money. I always try to wash my hands/use sanitizer soon after touching any.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:54 am

I remember one time I was in the car with my father, he was driving and we were driving down Atlantic Ave and then all of a sudden, I hear him say "oh shit!". He slammed on the brakes and double parked the car. Now Atlantic is a two way street and we were in the right lane so people behind us were pissed that they had to go around. They were honking the horn and everything, he jumps out of the car and starts running backwards a couple of feet. I'm looking like 'what the hell is he doing?' He finally comes back into the car and pulls away. I look at him and said "Daddy, why did you do that?" He looked at me and said "You didn't see this on the ground back there?" He pulls out a wad of money. It was $700 in hundred and fifty dollar bills. Then I exclaimed "you spotted that shit on the ground like that while you're driving?! You got some good ass eyes Daddy!" Then he said "Yeah, I can spot money a mile away". I was just in awe. It was on the ground between two cars... my dad said he looked around a quick sec to see who might've dropped it, but he saw no one.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:19 am

Shale wrote:
... I went to take a leak and there on the floor under the urinal was a wet crumpled $10 bill. ...

Coincidentally, this was in the comics on Friday.

http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=31d4651b733d1ee1e7e892bc04fb8d76
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:24 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
I remember one time I was in the car with my father, he was driving and we were driving down Atlantic Ave and then all of a sudden, I hear him say "oh shit!". He slammed on the brakes and double parked the car. Now Atlantic is a two way street and we were in the right lane so people behind us were pissed that they had to go around. They were honking the horn and everything, he jumps out of the car and starts running backwards a couple of feet. I'm looking like 'what the hell is he doing?' He finally comes back into the car and pulls away. I look at him and said "Daddy, why did you do that?" He looked at me and said "You didn't see this on the ground back there?" He pulls out a wad of money. It was $700 in hundred and fifty dollar bills. Then I exclaimed "you spotted that shit on the ground like that while you're driving?! You got some good ass eyes Daddy!" Then he said "Yeah, I can spot money a mile away". I was just in awe. It was on the ground between two cars... my dad said he looked around a quick sec to see who might've dropped it, but he saw no one.

ROFLMAO! Yeah, your pops can read the date on a Roosevelt dime at 200 ft and he couldn't see anyone that the money might have belonged to. Sure!

LOL Just Kidding As if he would go up to them and ask, "Excuse me but did you drop all these unmarked bills?" Your dadddy ain't no fool. Good for him. Did you get a cut for keeping your mouth shut about it? Wink
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:26 am

Shale wrote:
Shale wrote:
... I went to take a leak and there on the floor under the urinal was a wet crumpled $10 bill. ...

Coincidentally, this was in the comics on Friday.

http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=31d4651b733d1ee1e7e892bc04fb8d76

I like how the puddles are blue and not yellow.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:32 am

alan smithee wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

Found money 176229 Yeah, your pops can read the date on a Roosevelt dime at 200 ft and he couldn't see anyone that the money might have belonged to. Sure!

LOL Found money 416374 As if he would go up to them and ask, "Excuse me but did you drop all these unmarked bills?" Your dadddy ain't no fool. Good for him. Did you get a cut for keeping your mouth shut about it? Wink

laughing . Nah, if it was like a little old lady or something around who looked like she might've dropped it....he would've gave it back to her. But when I say he looked for a quick sec, that's exactly what it was....a SECOND. And where it was found, it was like in front of a mechanic/emissions shop. They got money so they're good......lol. And yeah, I got a little something. He always hooks his baby girl up. Smile
Back to top Go down
jennab85
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 2

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I have only found money once. Back in 2003, I was working in a grocery store part time during my senior year. One day when I was leaving I found $10 in the employee parking lot. Nobody claimed it so I kept it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Found money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found money   Found money Empty

Back to top Go down

Found money
Page 1 of 1