Are you quick with a good comeback in person? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you quick with a good comeback in person?

Go down 
+9
Shale
MandyPerfumeGirl
Cheaps
Friendly Veteran
CeCe
Chris
Supernova
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
13 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Are you quick with a good comeback in person? Empty
PostSubject: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:55 pm

I despise that too often I am not.

I think of "good shit" to say after the fact more times than not.

What about you?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:00 am

For the most part....I am. Wink
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:27 am

I'm usually on the spot when it comes to that kind of stuff, I guess years of watching the 3 Stooges is finally paying off. laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:33 am

I'm quick with the comebacks when I'm pissed off; if it's light, casual banter, sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:42 am

Generally although sometimes I can be too snarky.
Back to top Go down
Friendly Veteran
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Friendly Veteran

Male
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:17 am

On ocassion I have been but I will say that overall I am not. I suppose because I have been told I am very analytical so it may take time for me to come up with something. I realize this so my usual comeback may be I act like I did not understand and ask questions to the point that the other individual simply gives up. On other ocassions I my say "That was pretty good, you enjoyed it?" They usually do not know what to answer.
Another tactic is that if someone tries to make me look ingorant I reply with a question.
Example:
A while ago a lawyer asked me about a legal precedence and what I tought about it. I could tell he wanted me to look ignorant. My reply was "Now that you mention that, have you read the latest decision on that one? It came up just today. I saw it in the news. Did you miss it!?". He asked me what was it and I told him I rather he read on it and later we can talk about it. He said he would read it. Of course he would never find it because there was not such thing!

I am not good with a comeback comment so I use diversinary tactics to get the other person off balance.

You have a great day.
Frienldy Veteran
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:19 pm

yes, i had to be, growin up around some fast/shit talkin sisters, cuzns, and aunts!
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Maybe not "good", but certainly explicit like: "Fuck you, cocksucker!" instead of something smarter and wittier. But whatever, I get my point across some way or another. big grin
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:13 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Maybe not "good", but certainly explicit like: "Fuck you, cocksucker!" ... big grin

Careful who you say that to. It might be taken as an invitation. big grin
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:54 am

I always come up with the comebacks after the fact and rarely in the moment. Then I wish I could go back and have the answer ready when some idiot makes that comment or whatever it is. I'm usually too late with the comebacks.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:56 am

^^^TSJ, you have to carry them around on index cards Wink
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:46 pm

In a pinch, you can always turn around quickly as if someone is behind you and when the object of your riposte asks what you're doing tell them, "I just wanted to see whoever it was that you thought gave a shit about anything you have to say. Apparently it's no one."
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:41 am

alan smithee wrote:
In a pinch, you can always turn around quickly as if someone is behind you and when the object of your riposte asks what you're doing tell them, "I just wanted to see whoever it was that you thought gave a shit about anything you have to say. Apparently it's no one."
good one
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:25 am

For the most part.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm pretty good and quick, depends on how riled I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?   Are you quick with a good comeback in person? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you quick with a good comeback in person?
Page 1 of 1