CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Indiana Jones

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Indiana Jones Empty Indiana Jones

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 08, 2011 7:46 am

I love this character. Raiders of the Lost Ark was a great homage to the old time thrillers. Action packed. Based on the results of the sequels, I kind of wished they had left well enough alone. IMO, #3 ranks 2nd, then #2 and #4 was really a piece of #2.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 08, 2011 9:00 am

Temple of Doom is my favorite installment. But yeah, always enjoyed Indiana Jones.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Temple of Doom is my favorite installment. But yeah, always enjoyed Indiana Jones.

Really? Being the first I thought Raiders set the bar. Temple of Doom was OK for me but I thought it got a little cartoonish in some places like the escape from the plane in a rubber raft and the chase in the mine cars. I loved Sean Connery as his father in The Last Crusade and I though it came closest to Raiders. I thought The Crystal Skull was a dog. Hold on to your hat though. Apparently #5 is in development. I am not hopeful.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun May 08, 2011 12:37 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:Temple of Doom is my favorite installment. But yeah, always enjoyed Indiana Jones.

Really? Being the first I thought Raiders set the bar. Temple of Doom was OK for me but I thought it got a little cartoonish in some places like the escape from the plane in a rubber raft and the chase in the mine cars. I loved Sean Connery as his father in The L
    ast Crusade and I though it came closest to Raiders. ...

Yeah, that mine scene fiasco ruined the whole movie - just put it in the Saturday Morning TV category (which may have been the audience by then)

Raiders blew me away in theater just like the first Star Wars movie. I saw it several times. I am now stuck with a box set of all three because I wanted to see Raiders again and at the time couldn't find the single DVD. Got the box cheaply enuf.

The most recent one to me is a sort of family reunion type movie, making Ford the Old Man. He reminds me of my grandpa who was an old man in that era.

5? NOOOOO. No More!

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Shale wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:

Really? Being the first I thought Raiders set the bar. Temple of Doom was OK for me but I thought it got a little cartoonish in some places like the escape from the plane in a rubber raft and the chase in the mine cars. I loved Sean Connery as his father in The L
    ast Crusade and I though it came closest to Raiders. ...

Yeah, that mine scene fiasco ruined the whole movie - just put it in the Saturday Morning TV category (which may have been the audience by then)

Raiders blew me away in theater just like the first Star Wars movie. I saw it several times. I am now stuck with a box set of all three because I wanted to see Raiders again and at the time couldn't find the single DVD. Got the box cheaply enuf.

The most recent one to me is a sort of family reunion type movie, making Ford the Old Man. He reminds me of my grandpa who was an old man in that era.

5? NOOOOO. No More!

LOL, yeah, I was thinking along the lines of Shaggy and Scooby Doo too. I remember seeing the coming attractions for Star Wars and knowing I had to see it. I did and I loved it. Still do, but as the years passed, the FX just have not held up. What was once cutting edge now looks like Atari Pong compared with what they can do now. Avatar may one day share the same fate. Raiders, however, at least for me has held up extremely well. Maybe because it's set in the 30's to begin with. I don't care why.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 10, 2011 6:49 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Really? Being the first I thought Raiders set the bar. Temple of Doom was OK for me but I thought it got a little cartoonish in some places like the escape from the plane in a rubber raft and the chase in the mine cars. I loved Sean Connery as his father in The Last Crusade and I though it came closest to Raiders. I thought The Crystal Skull was a dog. Hold on to your hat though. Apparently #5 is in development. I am not hopeful.

Yep. Temple of Doom is the first Indiana Jones movie I saw, so I'm partial to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:54 am