Spoiled kids, bad parenting? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spoiled kids, bad parenting?

Go down 
+5
OrangeTang
Supernova
Shale
Nystyle709
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Spoiled kids, bad parenting? Empty
PostSubject: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:13 am

Do you consider it bad parenting to heavily spoil kids? No chores, no responsibility, no punishment/consequence, the kid gets everything they ask for.

Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:46 am

It damn sure isn't a good a idea but I don't know if I would automatically consider it bad parenting.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:05 am

Chris wrote:
Do you consider it bad parenting to heavily spoil kids? No chores, no responsibility, no punishment/consequence, the kid gets everything they ask for.

Absent parenting. Kids need to be taught responsibility. What better place to learn socialization than from home?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:41 am

Based on the case that grew up across the street from me for 18 years I would say, YES.
Back to top Go down
OrangeTang
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
OrangeTang

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:46 am

Yes, it's bad parenting. It's actually being neglectful of raising a decent human being. When you take away those tools from a child, they will grow into insecure adults who have to get their way or else. It can also be applied in reverse. If you give a child nothing, they too will grow into assholes instead of blossoming flowers (sometimes). So, stop spoiling your pets and your children and make 'em earn their keep. Yes, I said pets damn it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:49 am

Chris wrote:

Basically yes. Raising a child like that is pretty much a guarantee that the rest of us are going to have to deal with a gigantic pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Yes. My friend lived with a spoiled brat who didn't know how to peel an orange.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Chris wrote:

I sure do. Parents who raise their kids with no responsibility or accountability are just setting them up to fail as adults.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:09 am

Yup. At the very least, it's negligence. Kids who grow up like that usually become monster children with a great sense of entitlement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled kids, bad parenting?   Spoiled kids, bad parenting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spoiled kids, bad parenting?
Page 1 of 1