Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'

Go down 
+4
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' Empty
PostSubject: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:21 am

Original Sin – the biblical reference to Adam and Eve in the 'Garden of Eden,' tempted by the Devil. Apparently God did not forgive them, and since that moment human beings thereafter were recognized as inherently sinful. So, as a result, we must strive and work hard to be good, despite how being 'bad' is supposedly part of our natural state.

The gist of it anyway.

Do you believe in this concept; that we are all born evil?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:28 am

Ummm, nope.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:36 am

Chris' post is a bit erroneous in that it says that God did not forgive them. That's not based on anything. Sin merely was their choice that cost them their cushy state. I also wouldn't say that we're born "evil" and the doctrine doesn't say that either.

Sure, I believe in the actual original sin. Anybody who denies that we humans don't have a strong inclination to sin must live in a bubble. We may try to justify our inclinations to sin and we constantly try to say "it's not a sin," as if doing whatever brings you pleasure is automatically righteous because it doesn't leave a trail of corpses in the streets. But anyway, yeah, original sin is definitely real. Watching the news is proof enough. lol
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:57 am

I wouldn't say we are born evil, it's just that nobody is born good either.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:13 pm

ROFLMAO! No Chris. There's no such thing as "sin", original or otherwise. I no longer choose to attend Mass. According to that crew, I’m being sinful. But I’m not being immoral. If I have an “impure thought” without acting upon it, they say that’s sinful. In fact, according to what I was told in catechism, it’s a mortal sin. The big one. I’m hell-bound. But I’m not immoral. Any overlap between being "sinful" and being "immoral" is coincidental.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm

When thoughts get included as that great philosopher Kirk Cameron has told us it in fact does, I'm doomed. There isn't enough time left in the universe to undo all that. And The Lair came in the mail today so I am forever without hope.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Religious babble. Don't tell me a newborn baby has at all sinned.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Marc™ wrote:
Religious babble. Don't tell me a newborn baby has at all sinned.

And they do make that idiotic claim. The "sinful nature" they like to call it.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:27 pm

No, I don't believe most people are born evil. God knows we all sin - we sin until we're too tired to sin - but sin and evil are two different things. If all sinners were evil, we'd all be going straight to hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'   Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'
Page 1 of 1