CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
Chris
Shale
RedBedroom
8 posters

In an argument with your significant other, do you stay mum, or get vocal?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

In an argument with your significant other, do you stay mum, or get vocal? Empty In an argument with your significant other, do you stay mum, or get vocal?

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 am

Do you get quiet when in a fight, or do you scream and yell?

I used to be the scream and shout person. Now, I just go quiet. And right now, I am so sad that neither method seems to work anymore.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

In an argument with your significant other, do you stay mum, or get vocal? Empty Re: In an argument with your significant other, do you stay mum, or get vocal?

Post by Shale Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 am

I would get quite vocal and loud, up until I stormed out and slammed the door. Oh, when I had a car I would peel rubber leaving too. Blue Cool
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

In an argument with your significant other, do you stay mum, or get vocal? Empty Re: In an argument with your significant other, do you stay mum, or get vocal?

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 12, 2011 12:43 am

I used to be the same way, less the peeled rubber...

Seems these days, the quiet method isn't working well for me either, as now it is him that leaves in a huff. I thought we aged out of that...
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 am

My voice tends to be calm, very firm and slightly patronizing; which drives her crazy.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 12, 2011 1:31 am

Chris, I did patronizing this evening, and it blew right up on me...
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 am

It depends on the problem. On political & social issues we disagree on almost everything. Disagree may be a mild way to put it. But sometimes you do have to just say "we're not having this argument."
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 am

I don't like to scream and yell, so I usually don't. I just try to find the words that will end the conversation and tell them if they have any more bitching to do then direct it at the floor cause I'm not arguing or listening.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu May 12, 2011 11:22 am

In relationships, I'm a huge screamer/yeller, and I must say it's attractive when men are the same way. If I bottled the anger and hurt up, I'd be on the six o'clock news in a mugshot.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 12, 2011 6:18 pm

I'll raise my voice, but it stops short at screaming and yelling. I'm never quiet though....unless I decide I don't want to be bothered.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 12, 2011 7:59 pm

We've been known to raise our voices but nothing the neighbors needed to call the police about. LOL - one thing I've never done is get so angry I punched something. Like one of my friends. Years ago he got so angry with his wife that he punched the refrigerator. Caught it on the edge (where it's strongest). Not strong enough not to dent but strong enough to break his hand. We had a lot of fun with that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:32 am