CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters

Tonight's SVU 'Delinquent'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Tonight's SVU 'Delinquent' Empty Tonight's SVU 'Delinquent'

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 2:07 am

Did anyone see the show tonight. I'm watching it on DVR right now. Just started, but it seems like a good one.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Tonight's SVU 'Delinquent' Empty Re: Tonight's SVU 'Delinquent'

Post by Supernova Thu May 12, 2011 2:16 am

I'm stunned, Munch was actually in it AND had an active part in the investigation.

On another note, where the hell is Warner?

And I'll reserve the rest of my comments until Chris has seen it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu May 12, 2011 3:05 am

The one with the teenage boy? What's scary is I've worked with a couple of kids who are headed that way. Given that I've probably worked with hundreds of kids over the years, it's a small percentage, but there are three. It was the eyes that were scariest - like there was nothing inside. I don't even know how to really describe it but it's like these kids were dead inside. If you've seen the movie "The Good Son", think of the character Macaulay Culkin plays and you'll know what these kids were like. One of these days, I know I'll see these kids in the news for something like what the kid in did. One was only 4 at the time I knew him, one was 11 and the other 6.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 am

I watched the whole thing and, eh, it was kind of 'flat,' IMO. It wasn't that interesting a story; the kid raping older women because he'd been molested. Nothing that hadn't been before.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu May 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah and I don't buy that he was suddenly 'cured' after killing the woman who molested him...I don't buy that THAT was what made him rape and murder, AND accuse a decorated detective of touching him, go head first out of a squad car window, knock out the doctor and stick him in the CAT scanner. The whole time I was just hoping somebody would shoot him, they talk about getting him help, the only help for something like that is a bullet in the head.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Im sorry I never made SVU part of my weekly watch, over the years it has been on I have caught an episode here and there and I loved the show, especially Mariska Hargitay, she is a fine actress, her Mom would have been proud.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Im sorry I never made SVU part of my weekly watch, over the years it has been on I have caught an episode here and there and I loved the show, especially Mariska Hargitay, she is a fine actress, her Mom would have been proud.

It's a really good show; I think it might be passed its peak, but I would recommend it. It still has riveting and emotional episodes, with lots of famous guest stars. The reruns come on all the time on USA. If you're into a police drama, that specifically deals in sex crimes, you'd like it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Chris wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:Im sorry I never made SVU part of my weekly watch, over the years it has been on I have caught an episode here and there and I loved the show, especially Mariska Hargitay, she is a fine actress, her Mom would have been proud.

It's a really good show; I think it might be passed its peak, but I would recommend it. It still has riveting and emotional episodes, with lots of famous guest stars. The reruns come on all the time on USA. If you're into a police drama, that specifically deals in sex crimes, you'd like it.

Yep I have watched a rerun here and there too. I guess it must still have some spark its been renewed for another season!
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Fri May 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I agree that the ending to it was weak and the way it was presented, it almost seemed like they wanted the audience to believe that with his killing his abuser, he was ultimately killing that part of himself that had a penchant for being a sexual predator.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri May 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Rainmaker wrote:I agree that the ending to it was weak and the way it was presented, it almost seemed like they wanted the audience to believe that with his killing his abuser, he was ultimately killing that part of himself that had a penchant for being a sexual predator.

And to quote the Vancome Lady, 'cha, ya know what? Uh-uh.' no
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat May 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeah - I was pretty disappointed in the end, too. It would have been better to keep him cold and distant, the way he was throughout. I don't buy that killing his molester cured him, either. It was pretty weak the way they made that the reason why he'd turned into a sociopath. I was watching the eppy while I responded, so I hadn't seen the end just yet.
    Fiero425
    Fiero425
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Fiero425 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 pm

I know it's a bit simplistic to say someone's "out of control" and can't help themselves is ridiculous in these cases! You can be an addict, child molester, rapist, whatever your vice, but you are in "total control" unless you're disturbed enough to do it in public! If you attack some woman in the middle of the street at noon in a business district, I'll say you're "out of control" and deserve consideration! If you have the wherewithal to make up lies, act opposite of your true nature to cover your tracks, I don't accept temporary insanity or any other degree of mental instability!

We are a society of buck passers and excuse makers! Sooner or later we'll have to start punishing real bad behavior and stop coddling criminals! I'm as moderate as they come, but I'm so fed up with human nature being the reason why someone's a disturbed, sicko freak! Blame parents, families, and religious leaders who formed these "bad seeds!" Every case is different I suppose, but all too often, self-responsibility is the last reasons looked at for some bad behavior!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Fiero425 wrote:I know it's a bit simplistic to say someone's "out of control" and can't help themselves is ridiculous in these cases! You can be an addict, child molester, rapist, whatever your vice, but you are in "total control" unless you're disturbed enough to do it in public! If you attack some woman in the middle of the street at noon in a business district, I'll say you're "out of control" and deserve consideration! If you have the wherewithal to make up lies, act opposite of your true nature to cover your tracks, I don't accept temporary insanity or any other degree of mental instability!

We are a society of buck passers and excuse makers! Sooner or later we'll have to start punishing real bad behavior and stop coddling criminals! I'm as moderate as they come, but I'm so fed up with human nature being the reason why someone's a disturbed, sicko freak! Blame parents, families, and religious leaders who formed these "bad seeds!" Every case is different I suppose, but all too often, self-responsibility is the last reasons looked at for some bad behavior!
    \

I totally agree, Fiero, and welcome to the Chamber.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:57 pm