Do school principals need to be more involved? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do school principals need to be more involved?

Go down 
+3
Supernova
Kral
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do school principals need to be more involved? Empty
PostSubject: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:57 am

Do you think that school principals are generally as involved in the students learning process as they should be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:09 am

Most of them start off as teachers, but I think they sometimes forget how to relate to kids at that level because most of the time they play the warden.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:45 pm

And let's be real, what're they doing anyway? Any time somebody is getting bullied, nothing is done with the little sobs, it's the victims are being too sensitive, just ignore it and they'll go away, and then we get kids taking guns to school and blowing everyone away.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:28 pm

They used to be. I don't know about now. It's like once you become a principal, it's all politics now.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:41 pm

My principals growing up were more just there to contact us when we needed reprimanding. They only knew the bad kids well.

My experience with my son has been much different. His principal in elem. and his three in Jr. High are very hands on with the kids. They try to be fun and go to all the concerts and events and generally look like they are happy to be there and proud of "their" kids.

In general though, their job is to make sure teachers are doing their job. I don't think a principal is the person who really digs deep when a kid is really struggling in the classroom academically.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Should principals be more involved? Oh no, I don't think so - that might cut into their napping time in their office. Now if that's not being involved, I don't know what is.

Supernova wrote:
And let's be real, what're they doing anyway? Any time somebody is getting bullied, nothing is done with the little sobs, it's the victims are being too sensitive, just ignore it and they'll go away, and then we get kids taking guns to school and blowing everyone away.

co-signs

That's exactly what happens. These poor, bullied kids blow their cork because they can't take it anymore and everyone looks around at one another with raised eyebrows, saying "How could this be?" Not sure why everyone is so surprised that this kind of gun violence is taking place in America - that's what happens when adults ignore the epidemic of bullying. A person can only take so much and no more.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:11 pm

There are great pincicpals out there who are very involved with the kids but there are those who get too caught up in the politics and end up wanting to always counsel the kids and nothing is every done in the end. I was lucky to have great principals while I was rowing up and I've worked with a couple of really good ones, but I've always worked with ones who need to step in and take a hand more so that the staff feels supported when there are issues, rather than having the attitude of "Why bother, nothign is every done".
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:17 pm

There are great pincicpals out there who are very involved with the kids but there are those who get too caught up in the politics and end up wanting to always counsel the kids and nothing is every done in the end. I was lucky to have great principals while I was rowing up and I've worked with a couple of really good ones, but I've always worked with ones who need to step in and take a hand more so that the staff feels supported when there are issues, rather than having the attitude of "Why bother, nothign is every done".

Depending on the school it can often be more effective to go to the vice-principal, rather than the principal, though in my last school, both were good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do school principals need to be more involved?   Do school principals need to be more involved? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do school principals need to be more involved?
Page 1 of 1