CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
Marc™
Forgiveness Man
RiteDiva
mindfuck
stavdash
SecHandNews
13 posters

Ever Vote AGAINST Your Political Party?

SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Ever Vote AGAINST Your Political Party? Empty Ever Vote AGAINST Your Political Party?

Post by SecHandNews Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Or been tempted to?
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Ever Vote AGAINST Your Political Party? Empty Re: Ever Vote AGAINST Your Political Party?

Post by stavdash Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 am

Nope. I would never vote for a party of which I am not apart of. Not only is this treasonous, but it is also playing with fire. If I ever felt that my own party's candidate was not a proper choice, I would simply not vote.
    mindfuck
    mindfuck
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Ever Vote AGAINST Your Political Party? Empty Re: Ever Vote AGAINST Your Political Party?

Post by mindfuck Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:22 pm

I haven't but I'm not a blind devotee. I WOULD if a candidate from an opposing party ever really impressed me. Just hasn't happened yet. I've been disappointed or unimpressed with my party's guy enough to not vote, but never have been impressed by the other side.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:37 am

Nehh. Voting against ur party (specifically for the party you normally oppose) is a dangerous thing to do.
    During every election season, the candidates look for fense sitting members of the opposite side to manipulate into a swing vote.
    That's playing with fire because should they get elected, their worm would turn.
    If my parties candidate was on some bullshit, I'd opt not to vote period.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:20 am

Would I? I'd never rule it out, but I don't see it happening, and that isn't because I am against throwing my party under the bus when they are bad. I just see that as sucky as my party can get, the other party has just fallen off the left of the cliff. And voting for a third party is almost always, essentially, not voting. So I don't see it happening.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:24 am

RiteDiva wrote:Nehh. Voting against ur party (specifically for the party you normally oppose) is a dangerous thing to do.
    During every election season, the candidates look for fense sitting members of the opposite side to manipulate into a swing vote.
    That's playing with fire because should they get elected, their worm would turn.
    If my parties candidate was on some bullshit, I'd opt not to vote period.

Ditto. I'd never vote Republican....ever....to me that's like letting a rodent in your house because you think it's cute.
    Even if by some odd coinicidence I was more impressed by their guy than my parties, I would just not vote.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:46 am

bump
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am

Technically I'm registered as "unaffiliated" but I'm liberal & vote that way.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Nope. I will never vote Republican. Never. If I'm not feeling a Democratic candidate that much, then I'll skip voting. Or maybe go independent.
    Angel
    Angel
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Angel Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm not committed to any one party. I like to listen to multiple sides and make an "independent" choice. In other words I'm a fence voter.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 pm

I have no party. I happen to be against the party system to begin with!

More to the point, I rarely waist my time actually "voting" in a federal election.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:06 am

Our system in Canada is different. We have a multi-party system and don't directly elect our leaders. We vote on our local representatives and the party with the most representatives gets in. Right now, we have two main parties an then three other parties, though before the most recent election, we had three main parties and one minor party that still got a lot of votes, though only in one province.

In the past, I've voted for the party, if I didn't know my local candidate well enough, or for the local candidate that I felt would do the best job, re-electing him or her if I felt they deserved to be re-elected or looking at the other party candidates.

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Sorry, wrong topic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:20 am