Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?

Go down 
+4
CeCe
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:36 am

Nevermind how religious groups and/or other people may interpret or promote it; just based on what *you* have read (if you have read any), and how *you* interpreted it, does biblical philosophy make much sense to you (and do you generally agree with it?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:44 am

It's as logical as can be logical when you see it as it really is.

But of course, most people read what they WANT to into the Bible so it's either gonna be used to make their personal preferences seem logical, OR they'll view it as illogical so their personal preferences seem logical. Either way, people don't read the Bible in order to see whether or not it is logical, as a whole. People just want validation and whether that comes in embracing a skewed interpretation of the Bible, or rejecting it as fiction, that's really what's going on at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:15 am

The morals behind the stories are generally logical. But the Bible has been written and corrupted and perverted and spoiled by far too many writers. At this point, it just contradicts itself if you take it rule by rule by rule.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:38 am

Treat others the way you would like to be treated, don't steal, help others, be kind,...all these are just basic common sense. A magic book is completely unnecessary for that.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Some of the stuff seems logical and other parts of it do not seem logical to me. It makes sense not to steal and to be kind, etc. I get stuff like that, but some other parts just don't make sense. Like, why can't a woman have sex while she's on her period? Or why is the only "correct" romantic equation man + woman? And why is a woman considered a "whore" if she has sex before marriage?

And I agree with what Rockbird said - it is very contradictory. The Bible says to treat others how you want to be treated and "Thou Shalt Not Kill", and yet there is so much violence in the Bible, encouraging "whorish women" to be stoned, or in one part of the Bible where each newborn son has to be killed.

Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:43 pm

In 1970 during a hermit phase, I read the four gospel by kerosene lamp in my cabin deep in the woods. I think I felt the essence of Jesus the essene. Oh, I was also looking like Jesus and actually identified with him personally and felt toward the modern Christian churches much like he must have felt toward the ancient Jewish temples.

Other than that, the rest of the Bible is full of shit, especially the rest of the New Testament, which is the writings of Paul a proselytizing preacher trying to establish a new church among many ppl in Greece & Rome.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Somewhat. But the good book has been edited to death. It's really only a bunch of stories that man has made up. So do I put much stock into something that man, not God, has created? Heh.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:51 am

Chris, I don't know what "biblical philosophy" you're refering to. Regadless, none of the Bible is "logical" in the true sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?   Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think Biblical philosophy is logical?
Page 1 of 1