Any Marx Brothers fans here? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Marx Brothers fans here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Any Marx Brothers fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Marx Brothers fans here?   Any Marx Brothers fans here? EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:37 am

Found an interesting clip last night, Harpo actually speaks! Not in a movie no, but here we finally get to know what he sounded like:

Considering that it's supposedly Buster Keaton's voice that killed his career in the 30s, I wonder how different it would've been if he'd done what Harpo did and just didn't talk and instead continued the silent miming act?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Any Marx Brothers fans here?   Any Marx Brothers fans here? EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:05 am

"Any Marx Brothers fans here?"

Well, that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself. You better beat it - I hear they're going to tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing. You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here? You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
Back to top Go down
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Any Marx Brothers fans here?   Any Marx Brothers fans here? EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:35 am

They are a bit before my and even my parents time.
Back to top Go down
rienpoet
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
rienpoet

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Any Marx Brothers fans here?   Any Marx Brothers fans here? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:02 pm

alan smithee wrote:
"Any Marx Brothers fans here?"

Well, that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself. You better beat it - I hear they're going to tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing. You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here? You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle.

LOL. I think I'll remember those two last sentences.

Thanks, Supernova. Harpo's been always my favourite!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~rienmuse
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Any Marx Brothers fans here?   Any Marx Brothers fans here? EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:16 pm

stonestatic wrote:
They are a bit before my and even my parents time.

Ours too but my brother's seen all the movies and knows which ones which jokes came out of. I've only seen Duck Soup and A Night in Casablanca in full but I also love the Florida call and the examination bit from A Day at the Races as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Marx Brothers fans here?   Any Marx Brothers fans here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Marx Brothers fans here?
Page 1 of 1