CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

John and Marty's breakup was

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

John and Marty's breakup was Empty John and Marty's breakup was

Post by Jason B. Tue May 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Where have I seen this before? Y'know, this thing where "honorable" John gets cut loose by his current GF and then chases after Natalie ten seconds later. Oh yeah, Evangeline did it and it's just as manipulative, transparent and insulting to me as an audience member today as it was back then. They try and make it so John looks like the good guy who was doing the right and noble thing, allowing himself to be committed/confined to his current relationship...only to wind up with Natalie because, hey...it was his other girlfriend who cut him loose. It was a con job five years ago and it's a con job now.

John and Natalie, IMNSHO, are a terrible couple. She deliberately turns into a annoying, needy little girl with him to enable his hero complex and other stupid idiosyncrasies, all for the sake of keeping him under her thumb. I also don't think Melissa Archer and Michael Easton have any acting chemistry with each other. Physically, they don't compliment each other at all on screen. Her beet red hair clashes with his vampire black.

This is just a lazy, pitiful move on the parts of Frons-Valentini-Carlivati.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

John and Marty's breakup was Empty Re: John and Marty's breakup was

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 18, 2010 4:38 pm

I agree, I was hoping that Natalie would get on that plane and never come back. Easton has no chemistry with Susan Haskell either, he had a spark with Blair but they ended that way too soon. Im glad Marty is rid of him but now we have to suffer the whinings of Natalie and how she obsesses over Johnny 24/7, more fast forward material for me.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Wed May 19, 2010 9:49 am

I am really sick of this story with John McPain and Natalie. He is such a man skank.....He bounces from one woman to the next. And one character that is making me mad, that I have always loved is Roxy. Why is she encouraging Natalie to be the home wrecker that she is? I mean, Marty just lost her baby, and Natalie is moving in for the kill to take John back....did she ever even truly mourn for Jared?! And we all know what will end up happening, once Natalie sleeps with Brody, she will end up pregnant with Brody's baby....which is going to cause a whole new set of problems. Natalie is always causing so much trouble.

And since John likes to bounce back and forth between women, we know that him & Natalie aren't going to last. Let's see he went from Evangeline, to Natalie, to Marty, to Blair, then back to Marty and now he's going back to Natalie.....he can only be with a woman, when she's in distress, so it won't take long for Natalie to lose his interest.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 19, 2010 10:48 am

Dang I never thought of the pregnancy thing with Brody and Natalie, that would really suck if they write that into the storyline. It seems that none of the guys use condoms these days in Llanview including the ever aware Johnny. The writers have no storyline for Roxy so they are throwing her in as the meddling stepmother, I wish they would give her an interesting storyline. What did Natalie mourn Jared for what a week before she had her clutches on Johnny again.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed May 19, 2010 11:03 am

I have an aching feeling that a Brody/Natalie pregnancy is around the corner too. Sort of odd that they are ignoring Bree Williamson's real life pregnancy. Not that I want to see Jessica knocked up with Cristian's baby (of course it would be his.)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 19, 2010 11:06 am

Chris wrote:I have an aching feeling that a Brody/Natalie pregnancy is around the corner too. Sort of odd that they are ignoring Bree Williamson's real life pregnancy. Not that I want to see Jessica knocked up with Cristian's baby (of course it would be his.)

Christian should not be allowed to reproduce, a vasectomy would be definetly warranted for Christian. If they wrote Bree's pregnancy into the story it should be that its Brodys kid. The pregnancy storyline of Natalie would force me to just FF more stuff on the show.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed May 19, 2010 4:35 pm

JB wrote:Where have I seen this before? Y'know, this thing where "honorable" John gets cut loose by his current GF and then chases after Natalie ten seconds later. Oh yeah, Evangeline did it and it's just as manipulative, transparent and insulting to me as an audience member today as it was back then. They try and make it so John looks like the good guy who was doing the right and noble thing, allowing himself to be committed/confined to his current relationship...only to wind up with Natalie because, hey...it was his other girlfriend who cut him loose. It was a con job five years ago and it's a con job now.

John and Natalie, IMNSHO, are a terrible couple. She deliberately turns into a annoying, needy little girl with him to enable his hero complex and other stupid idiosyncrasies, all for the sake of keeping him under her thumb. I also don't think Melissa Archer and Michael Easton have any acting chemistry with each other. Physically, they don't compliment each other at all on screen. Her beet red hair clashes with his vampire black.

This is just a lazy, pitiful move on the parts of Frons-Valentini-Carlivati.

Notice how in both cases with Evangeline and Marty that they each broke up with John because they'd been turned into neurotic wrecks over NATALIE! As if she's some great prize or catch. At this point my view is "whatever!" If they want so bad for Jolie to get back together, then fine. Just let it happen off my screen please. Can't Port Charles or Pine Valley use an emotionally hesitant adroid cop with a hero complex and the eternally bratty, emotionally needy nitwit woman/child who is addicted to him like crack?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:15 pm