Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?

Go down 
+2
RedBedroom
Supernova
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? Empty
PostSubject: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:21 am

I think brave is a term open to interpretation, everybody probably has different ideas of what qualifies as brave, but what do you think?

I remember when I got my hair cut off, I went to the grocery store and one of the women from the bakery said she liked it but she didn't think she'd be brave enough to try it before she grew hers down to her feet first. And I was like ' Suspect what does being brave have to do with getting a haircut?'

Now, another thing I think it takes courage to do is go on some of those rides at the amusement parks and fairs, and I don't just mean the 150 mph roller coasters, last year I went on the Spider and the Trabant Wheel, I was scared out of my mind for the duration of both rides because I was sure knowing my luck, something would go wrong, we'd get thrown out, fall 20 feet to the ground, get smashed up and die; but the thing I think about is the fact that I DID go on them, despite how terrifying an experience it was to me, who had never been on anything like that before. My mother on the other hand won't even go on the Ferris wheel because she hates heights. There was another ride last year called the Patriot, one of those pendulum rides where they strap you in and lock you in a cage and it goes up and goes left, right, left right, upside down, stops, and resumes...the kids I went with who weren't scared of ANY of the other rides said they were never going on it again, if they have it this year I think I will to see what it's like. I don't know whether you'd call that bravery or stupidity, I think there's a fine line between the two.

Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:24 am

I go both ways. I think I am more often afraid than brave, but not always. I still ride my dirt bike though I should not, give the situation I have with my neck not being in the best shape. But I am not a fan of driving fast on the highway...total contradiction.

Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:24 am

Yeah - i think brave can be applied in different ways. I wouldn't consider myself brave when it came to crazy things like sky-diving or bungee jumping and I really don't like creepy crawlers. I'm probably not a brave person.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:34 am

laughing This reminds me of something I plan to use in a novel of mine...I have this one character, a woman who was a lawyer, and she rides a motorcycle and fires guns and gets into violent fights constantly, but later on in the story I give her this whole speech of 'I hate heights, I don't like water, I won't set foot in elevators, I'm a VERY boring person'. Now that would be a total contradiction.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:37 am

OMG, Super, I will totally consult for your book! I am not afraid of my bikes but I don't like water and am sorta/kinda ok with heights.

Maybe we can collaborate...I have always yearned to write a book about a female in the motocross world!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

I can be brave........depending on what it is. Some people confuse brave and stupidity as being synonymous.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:35 pm

By and large, yes I do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
I can be brave........depending on what it is. Some people confuse brave and stupidity as being synonymous.

yep co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?   Do you consider yourself to be a brave person? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you consider yourself to be a brave person?
Page 1 of 1