CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+13
DanaShelbyChancey
Tony Marino
Hyacinth Girl
Chris
Cheaps
Marc™
Shale
TSJFan4Ever
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Supernova
17 posters

Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber Empty Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber

Post by Supernova Thu May 26, 2011 9:19 pm

What are some thoughts in particular you have about this place or the people or the threads?

When we were doing the one about 'what didn't your parents do right?', I wanted to say this one but I forgot it, and I think it's fitting: this is therapy for poor people. laughing
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber Empty Re: Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber

Post by CeCe Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I really love it. There are some wonderful people here. Group Hug!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber Empty Re: Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 26, 2011 9:29 pm

"I would rather be with the people of this town forum than with the finest people in the world."
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 26, 2011 9:34 pm

What I love about it is that we are all so different in age and demographic, and yet there are very few heated debates, and we all remain respectful when we are at odds on a topic.

Another thing I think is that it is rare to have a guy like Chris run a place so well. Too many forum owners are jerks who play favorites. I have not seen one instance where Chris has done that. So, that really sets a tone for everyone.

Alan....that was a very nice quote!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 pm

It's a great place to post, overall. Although there are a few folks on here that I don't care for, it is a very few. This place would really be poppin' if some of the old folks from the original Chamber showed up, lol.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:It's a great place to post, overall. Although there are a few folks on here that I don't care for, it is a very few. This place would really be poppin' if some of the old folks from the original Chamber showed up, lol.

Forgive me for not knowing, but what is the original Chamber? Also, does that have anything to do with the FB page for the CC?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:It's a great place to post, overall. Although there are a few folks on here that I don't care for, it is a very few. This place would really be poppin' if some of the old folks from the original Chamber showed up, lol.

Forgive me for not knowing, but what is the original Chamber? Also, does that have anything to do with the FB page for the CC?

No. The original CC was back on the AOL message boards. It used to be another board, then it got revamped, then renamed. This was over a decade ago.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Oh, I see. So, what is up with the FB page for the CC? Is that run through Chris as well?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 26, 2011 10:51 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Oh, I see. So, what is up with the FB page for the CC? Is that run through Chris as well?

I assume it is. I don't know anything about that one.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 12:47 am

LOL - therapy for poor people - lol! We do have a good support network going here. Smile
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 27, 2011 1:07 am

Nystyle709 wrote:... Although there are a few folks on here that I don't care for, it is a very few. ...
    hi there!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 am

RIGHT ON!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 am

Marc™️ wrote: RIGHT ON!
    co-signs
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 2:57 am

I love the emoticons here!!!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 27, 2011 4:23 am

i really like this place... place is cool Blue Cool
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri May 27, 2011 7:34 am

CeCe wrote:I really love it. There are some wonderful people here. Group Hug!

co-signs Group Hug!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri May 27, 2011 7:44 am

I think that's been one of my biggest challenges to reconcile; not being able to track down too many of those old AOL Chamber board posters. It's a blessing that you, Marc, Nhaiyel and CatEyes are here, but there are a handful of other old names I'd love to see sign up. The reality, though, is that that was a decade ago, and AOL has tumbled in popularity since then, so even though I bet the vast majority of them are still online; most of them can't be reached by their old screen name/email addresses – and the few whose old names are still active often times don't respond to emails (they're probably like me; my old AOL account is still active, but I rarely sign onto it. And new AOL email expires after thirty days, I think.)

I continue to look and investigate those previous posters from time to time, but I've reconciled that this is a new phase, and completely appreciate the originality of the group we have today.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri May 27, 2011 9:35 am

I love a troll-free environment!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 27, 2011 10:27 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I love a troll-free environment!

^THIS, elsewhere there are so many of them you can swim in them.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 27, 2011 10:51 am

This is the best forum I have ever been in. I like the fact that no one is judged here and everyone can say basically anything they want without being attacked. Yes there are heated debates and yes we all don't agree with one another on certain things but yet we pull together as a group and get along just fine. I enjoy reading all the diversified topics here and I like reading all the answers from the other posters. There have been things I have learned from all of you just reading what you have responded to. Of course all of this could not have been put together if not for the best Admin. around.. Chris. Cheers to you my friend and to all the posters!!!!

Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber Yeye04
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri May 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Tony Marino wrote:This is the best forum I have ever been in. I like the fact that no one is judged here and everyone can say basically anything they want without being attacked. Yes there are heated debates and yes we all don't agree with one another on certain things but yet we pull together as a group and get along just fine. I enjoy reading all the diversified topics here and I like reading all the answers from the other posters. There have been things I have learned from all of you just reading what you have responded to. Of course all of this could not have been put together if not for the best Admin. around.. Chris. Cheers to you my friend and to all the posters!!!!

Your thoughts on the Conversation Chamber Yeye04

blushing
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Fri May 27, 2011 12:30 pm

I like the diversity of topics. We post about news topics of the day, just general interest things, personal things, and minor things like what size bed we have. It is every day life!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri May 27, 2011 12:35 pm

I like that Chris is a good and caring admin. Hard to find those. I like some the folk here. It just gets a little lonely sometimes due to the ideological demographic of the board being so darn skewed. FORGIVENESS MAN
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri May 27, 2011 12:47 pm

I like that we're all adults here, and that there isn't a childish presence that permeates the air. We are a very diverse group of GAP (grown ass people) who can congregate and banter like Sunday brunch. And while I too would delight to see more of those previous names from the Back 'n the Day version of the CC, I appreciate that those who are here, I clearly remember and that they took the time to track me down and invite me. This place is very, very cozy and comfortable.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I like that Chris is a good and caring admin. Hard to find those. I like some the folk here. It just gets a little lonely sometimes due to the ideological demographic of the board being so darn skewed. FORGIVENESS MAN

Lil Bro...your big bro is here for you when your feeling lonesome on the board big hugz

Razz (Big)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:13 pm