CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
TSJFan4Ever
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
9 posters

Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band? Empty Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band?

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I totally get loving a band or loving another type celeb. But not to the point that they are fanatical over them.

I know a girl who is 24 and really fanatical over someone on television. It is really strange. She got the chance to meet him in person for a second time recently and gave him a gift and wouldn't tell me what it was because it was just between them. Odd.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band? Empty Re: Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 26, 2011 10:13 pm

Personally, no. But those fools from the AOL message boards were a complete riot.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band? Empty Re: Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 12:32 am

Well - I had a 21 year old roommate who was MADLY in love with the Back Street Boys. He had life size posters of them all over our apartment. This was back when I was in res and four of us shared an apartment - communal bathrooms and show and living.dining area but our own bedrooms. He blasted their music every morning and put a lief sized poster of them above the TV so he could admire them while watching. He was madly in love with them and went to their concerts whenever he could. He wanted to meet them and pretty much worshipped them.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Well - I had a 21 year old roommate who was MADLY in love with the Back Street Boys. He had life size posters of them all over our apartment. This was back when I was in res and four of us shared an apartment - communal bathrooms and show and living.dining area but our own bedrooms. He blasted their music every morning and put a lief sized poster of them above the TV so he could admire them while watching. He was madly in love with them and went to their concerts whenever he could. He wanted to meet them and pretty much worshipped them.

Ya, that is fanatical for sure!
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 27, 2011 1:30 am

Errr.. me.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 1:51 am

Yeah - he put most pre-teen girls to shame - lol!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 1:53 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Yeah - he put most pre-teen girls to shame - lol!

That reminds me in 8th grade, asking Jen if she would rather see me or Joey (from New Kids on the Block) die in a car accident, and she would not answer!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 1:54 am

Rockbird wrote:Errr.. me.

Who is it you adore?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 2:41 am

Yeah Rockbird - who is it and why do you consider yourself a fanatic?
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 27, 2011 2:42 am

*Pokes fingers together*

I am a hardcore, full-fledged Duranie. I love all things Duran Duran. My record collection causes people's brains to shut down.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 2:44 am

Well, you are totally exempt, because that is awesome. We are just commenting on the lame ones.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 27, 2011 2:53 am

Not personally, but I think fans of music "icons" (Beatles, Elvis, Jacksons, etc.) tend to be the worse....

Grown ass people act like these celebrities were their childhood babysitters.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 2:57 am

Oooooh - don't konw them personally but theres' this particular fanbase of this one actor and they're RABID!!!!!! They delight in attacking fans who like the actor who replaced their actor when their actor left, after much whining and complaining about his character and after having temper tantrums and so forth. The actor finally left and the role was recast. The fans of the original actor are a pretty nasty bunch and seem to worship him - kinda scary. The actor who replaced their actor got death threats and had his family threatened b some of these psychos.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 2:59 am

Marc™ wrote:Not personally, but I think fans of music "icons" (Beatles, Elvis, Jacksons, etc.) tend to be the worse....

Grown ass people act like these celebrities were their childhood babysitters.

Funny you mention that....I was always think that of Elvis groupies. This week, and apartment complex caught on fire near here...very sad.

One chick was all up in emotions due to her vast Elvis collection being gone. She did not even care that much that her cat was gone.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 3:18 am

Poor cat!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah - Elvis groupies come to mind, or Beatles groupies
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 3:27 am

I think Elvis ones who think he may still be alive are the oddest bunch.

But then again I KNOW Anna Nicole is still among us.

kidding.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 3:39 am

LOL - yeah - Elvis is my neighbour - did I forget to mention that?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 3:41 am

WTF, TSJ, you live next door to an Ihop and Walmart? Sweet.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 3:44 am

LOL - nah - Dedutch but really - it's Evlis - I swear it is.

Hmmmm - we have Elvis sightings but how come no Michael Jackson sightings? Has modern technology actually allowed a celebrity who has passed away too STAY dead?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 27, 2011 4:35 am

growing up, i was always told i was obsessed with janet, but i was just like, no i just really like her.. but let me tell you, i found out i am really really small potatoes compared to others on these janet forums.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 27, 2011 9:44 am

RedBedroom wrote:Well, you are totally exempt, because that is awesome. We are just commenting on the lame ones.

Hehe. Thanks. blushing

I'm not one of those psychotic fans who saves their spit-out gum wads and tries to cut off locks of their hair.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 27, 2011 10:12 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Oooooh - don't konw them personally but theres' this particular fanbase of this one actor and they're RABID!!!!!! They delight in attacking fans who like the actor who replaced their actor when their actor left, after much whining and complaining about his character and after having temper tantrums and so forth. The actor finally left and the role was recast. The fans of the original actor are a pretty nasty bunch and seem to worship him - kinda scary. The actor who replaced their actor got death threats and had his family threatened b some of these psychos.

BZZZ
    And the answer is:

Who is Charlie Sheen?
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri May 27, 2011 11:04 am

Shale wrote:
    TSJFan4Ever wrote:Oooooh - don't konw them personally but theres' this particular fanbase of this one actor and they're RABID!!!!!! They delight in attacking fans who like the actor who replaced their actor when their actor left, after much whining and complaining about his character and after having temper tantrums and so forth. The actor finally left and the role was recast. The fans of the original actor are a pretty nasty bunch and seem to worship him - kinda scary. The actor who replaced their actor got death threats and had his family threatened b some of these psychos.

BZZZ
    And the answer is:

Who is Charlie Sheen?

Have you known an adult who was obsessed/fanatical over a celeb or band? Charliesheen big grin
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Fri May 27, 2011 5:02 pm

I post at a another board where MJ fans exist heavily and trying to argue with them about why one of his songs or albums isn't 100% great is like going into battle. I'm a MJ fan, but I hope I never become fanatical over ANYBODY as some of them are him. They defensive as hell and wont hear any devils advocate no matter how diplomatic it is.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Talk bad about Bob Marley around me and you'll be walking with one leg. But..............I'm not a fanatic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:50 am