Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?

Go down 
+14
femme fatale
DanaShelbyChancey
Alan Smithee
Friendly Veteran
Forgiveness Man
Shale
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
TSJFan4Ever
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RedBedroom
Supernova
Marc™
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? Empty
PostSubject: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:32 am

You see this all the time on TV and in movies....where a man says something blatantly disrespectful to a woman, and she slaps him for it. Do you think that's ever justified?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:36 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:38 am

No way...unless she give him clearance to bitch slap her back.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:40 am

No.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:45 am

No one should be slapped but I'd make a comment if someone was being disrespectful
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:27 am

While I don't endorse it, I think anyone who uses their mouth to be that disrespectful should be prepared to duck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:19 am

Chris wrote:
While I don't endorse it, I think anyone who uses their mouth to be that disrespectful should be prepared to duck.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:14 am

Only if a man can slap a woman for doing the same thing. I've heard some trash coming out of a woman's mouth too.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:33 am

RedBedroom wrote:
No way...unless she give him clearance to bitch slap her back.
You Said It!

And if there are witnesses and he is a civilized man, drag her ass into court for simple battery.

Those images are from a male chauvinistic time when women were relegated to crying or an ineffectual slap to a guy's face. BTW, guys slapped guys too - as a precursor to a duel.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:00 am

CeCe wrote:
Only if a man can slap a woman for doing the same thing. I've heard some trash coming out of a woman's mouth too.
For once I co-sign. If women can dish it out, they should be able to take it. And frankly if you have to resort to responding to verbal comments with a violent comment, you likely are conceding that you had no verbal comeback. Razz
Back to top Go down
Friendly Veteran
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Friendly Veteran

Male
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:49 am

No, I do not think it is the privilege of women. However, if one side crosses some line at times I may see why the other may slap back. This applies equally for men and women though.

You have a great day.
Friendly Veteran
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:50 pm

To paraphrase Grace Slick, keep your hands off one another unless you intend love.

Or self-defense. Insulting words are never an excuse for violence.
Back to top Go down
Friendly Veteran
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Friendly Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Let me throw one in for the sake of argument.

You are in a let us say party and you are with your wife and for some reason this other guy that may not like you or your wife calls her a "whore" in front of everbody. What would you do?

A lawyer did explain to me what in some places there is such thing as "fighting words" that may at least mitigate responding physically to such type of action.

You have a great day.
Friendly Veteran

Back to top Go down
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:58 pm

No! It is a great big slide down that slippery slope. If a man says something disrespectful to a woman, she just has to handle it. What if another woman said it?

Petty violence will breed more violence, most not so petty.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:00 pm

^^ @FRIENDLY VETERAN....now my first reaction, I would be the one to throw the punch if someone called me a whore, after that punch, my guy better have my back an go in for the kill after...
Back to top Go down
Friendly Veteran
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Friendly Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:07 pm

cheaps wrote:
^^ @FRIENDLY VETERAN....now my first reaction, I would be the one to throw the punch if someone called me a whore, after that punch, my guy better have my back an go in for the kill after...

Comes to show that people react differently to verbal attacks. In theory I am with the sticks and stones idea and that there is not reason to attack back with a punch.

In reality, a punch has ensured such thing does not happen again. You establish the respect owed to you as a human being. Now I will go further. The guy calls the lady whore more than once. So are those around suppose to just keep saying "that is not nice. You need to stop, please". So he stops and later on another ocassion does the same. Keep asking for him to please stop?. How far can someone do things like this without anyone taking a stronger stance. Is it not reasonable that someone will keep doing it because there are no consequences and he knows no one will stop him? Thoughts?

You have a great day.
Friendly Veteran
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:11 pm

I don't say it's justified and I don't encourage it. But if somebody is being disrespectful and using words as a weapon to degrade others with, then I don't feel at all bad for them if they wind up taking one to the mouth for it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Friendly Veteran wrote:

You are in a let us say party and you are with your wife and for some reason this other guy that may not like you or your wife calls her a "whore" in front of everbody. What would you do?

A lawyer did explain to me what in some places there is such thing as "fighting words" that may at least mitigate responding physically to such type of action.

You have a great day.
Friendly Veteran

I'd turn him into a laughing stock in front of everybody and if he considers my response to be "fighting words"...see my opinion about self defense. If he wants to throw the first punch he's going to open a door and he better be ready for whomever comes through.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Yes. Women absolutely have that right. If women are disrespected, the man should expect an open hand without being pussy enough to whine about it and still at the same time they should be tough enough to not do the same to the woman. It's a woman's right, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:10 pm

femme fatale wrote:
I don't say it's justified and I don't encourage it. But if somebody is being disrespectful and using words as a weapon to degrade others with, then I don't feel at all bad for them if they wind up taking one to the mouth for it.

Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? 35166
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Only if he can slap her back, otherwise she has to find another way to deal with verbal assaults.
Back to top Go down
Friendly Veteran
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Friendly Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:24 pm

alan smithee wrote:
Friendly Veteran wrote:

You have a great day.
Friendly Veteran

I'd turn him into a laughing stock in front of everybody and if he considers my response to be "fighting words"...see my opinion about self defense. If he wants to throw the first punch he's going to open a door and he better be ready for whomever comes through.
I agree and I have done that also. The point is that a slap back IS an option. There is not cookie cutter solution to all situations. Different situations may very in a response.

I have seen your response and the other work and not work. Why? Because we all come in so many different personalities and different personalities do accept certain responses better than others.
You have a great day.
Friendly Veteran
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:36 pm

Nobody has any business hitting except in physical self defense. That includes women!
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:49 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Yes. Women absolutely have that right. If women are disrespected, the man should expect an open hand without being pussy enough to whine about it and still at the same time they should be tough enough to not do the same to the woman. It's a woman's right, that's all.

Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? Excuse-me-im-calling-bullshit

This is the most laughable post I've seen around here in a very, very long time.
Back to top Go down
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:46 am

If all there is are words spoken, you have to be The Bigger Person. I know, that is just another name for 'sucking it up'.

But guaranteed, that person will diss the wrong person someday, and get much worse than a smack in the mouth for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?   Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Women Be Able to Slap Men For Saying Something Disrespectful?
Page 1 of 1