What did you read as a kid? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you read as a kid?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

What did you read as a kid? Empty
PostSubject: What did you read as a kid?   What did you read as a kid? EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi all,

When I was really little I was big on "Dr. Seuss" and "Clifford" books, and then when I got older - probably around 9 and 10 - I really started getting into "Nancy Drew", "The Babysitters Club" and "Goosebumps" books. My very favorite book though as a child was called "My Dog Ate My Homework" and if I remember correctly, it was about a boy who's best friend was a dog who helped him with all his boyhood struggles. I can't think of who the author was, though.

What did you like to read as a kid?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: What did you read as a kid?   What did you read as a kid? EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:29 pm

When I was little the traditional stuff, Dr. Seuss, nursery rhymes, fairy tales, we had a lot of the Little Golden Books with Mickey mouse and Donald Duck and one with Annie Oakley (that's from a LONG time ago), and we had one of those flip books, two stories, one side's upside down and the other's right side up, of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland, but I only ever read Peter Pan, why I didn't read Alice as a child I don't know. Another favorite, we had the book Garfield & His 9 Lives, and when I was little my mother told me not to read some of the stories because they were more for adults, espeically Life #3, Babes and Bullets, but I did read it and I loved that story. Then when I got older, I read the Fright Time series, and that was about it until I was 13 and started going to the library.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: What did you read as a kid?   What did you read as a kid? EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:23 pm

When I was really young, I liked the Golden Books, that were centered around popular cartoons like Pound Puppies and things like that. Then I liked Sweet Valley High, Lurlene McDaniel's books and that type. I don't think I had a favorite type between little kid and tween.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: What did you read as a kid?   What did you read as a kid? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:24 am

i had sweet valley high with the blonde twins too. and flubber by judy blume. My first ghost story book was "Real Ghosts" by Daniel Cohen. I remember when I was about 10 I read Pet Semetary and Thinner. i figured that if i could read a thick book like Stephen King's i could read anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you read as a kid?   What did you read as a kid? Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you read as a kid?
Page 1 of 1