CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Are "supper clubs" popular in your area?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are "supper clubs" popular in your area? Empty Are "supper clubs" popular in your area?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:42 pm

My guy is currently watching some sort of documentary on supper clubs in the Midwest. Someone interviewed was saying that people don't always know what a supper club is. That notion seems odd to me, as they are all around here.

Originally, they were better places to dine, with the decor being more upscale, but the menu wasn't that high end. I think that in the past they also had a social club associated with them, but that concept has died out.

Around here, I don't think they are "all that" anymore. Too pricey for dated decor (some would call it historic, others would call it tacky) and staff that isn't trained any better than staff I would encounter at Dennys.

So, are there any in your area, and if so, what is your opinion on them?
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Are "supper clubs" popular in your area? Empty Re: Are "supper clubs" popular in your area?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 pm

The whole thing sounds pretty snooty to me. I'll take a meal at Denny's anyday.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Are "supper clubs" popular in your area? Empty Re: Are "supper clubs" popular in your area?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:14 pm

They're a couple around here but I have no opinion of them. I don't go to them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 am

Never heard of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:55 am