How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?

Go down 
+5
2xy
Alan Smithee
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
RedBedroom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? Empty
PostSubject: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 am

I love(d) mine. Time for a new one since mine cracked.

I think it came from soaking it in water for too many hours too many times.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 am

You mean like a crock pot? we've had at least 3 of them crack on us and the size we use gets harder to replace all the time.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:01 am

Yes. I probably should have said crock pot. I just always call it slow cooker.

You guys have had several crack? Hmm...maybe that is just the nature of the beast and that is why mine cracked?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:19 am

I think they make them cheaper, our last one cracked but we had another cooker the same size that fits in the outer piece, so we're still good, but it's getting harder to find ones big enough for our cooking.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:25 am

More in the winter than in the summer. Maybe a couple of times a month or more in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:25 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
More in the winter than in the summer. Maybe a couple of times a month or more in the winter.
co-signs We bought these plastic liners that we haven't had a chance to use yet.
How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? OFIwAO3bkFxXjS-gy0TWTVV_Cpj0toJkZZerPXDrtGml68lx8PxI6pY18LA9qK0JMeUCQ0twlIkoO8xaNsSvCswStS17jBB3nN93qy-2ADdafQVaME832pAUFDz0Z_U4ejmpvLpubcX_UNLFBYAEABCW3S5gyX70jJ8vDcWGHnmnFBKi_IFwBA

Oh look Red. They called them Slow Cooker liners big grin
Back to top Go down
2xy
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
2xy

Female
Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:29 pm

I call it a slow cooker. We use it probably once or twice a week. Just as often in the summer...I'm more willing to use the oven in the winter, since it helps heat up the house. We make stews and chili, simmer spaghetti sauce in there all day, pork roasts, pot roasts, bean soups.

I've never had a problem with anything cracking, though. Are you letting them cool before soaking them? Extreme change in temperature can weaken cookware. I had a Pyrex dish shatter in the oven one time when I added some water to the pan.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Don't have one.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:25 pm

my roommate has one. she uses it for beef stew, and roast...come to think of it she hasnt used it in awhile .. but she puts it to pretty good use
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:07 am

2xy wrote:
I call it a slow cooker. We use it probably once or twice a week. Just as often in the summer...I'm more willing to use the oven in the winter, since it helps heat up the house. We make stews and chili, simmer spaghetti sauce in there all day, pork roasts, pot roasts, bean soups.

I've never had a problem with anything cracking, though. Are you letting them cool before soaking them? Extreme change in temperature can weaken cookware. I had a Pyrex dish shatter in the oven one time when I added some water to the pan.

I do let them cool before putting water in it.

I had the same thing happen with a Pyrex dish, only I had used it for rice in the microwave, then stupidly rinsed it out while hot, and it just broke right out of my hands.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:08 am

alan smithee wrote:
TSJFan4Ever wrote:
co-signs We bought these plastic liners that we haven't had a chance to use yet.
How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? OFIwAO3bkFxXjS-gy0TWTVV_Cpj0toJkZZerPXDrtGml68lx8PxI6pY18LA9qK0JMeUCQ0twlIkoO8xaNsSvCswStS17jBB3nN93qy-2ADdafQVaME832pAUFDz0Z_U4ejmpvLpubcX_UNLFBYAEABCW3S5gyX70jJ8vDcWGHnmnFBKi_IFwBA

Oh look Red. They called them Slow Cooker liners big grin

Alan, my dad bought me those and they are GREAT. It is so nice not to have to clean after something messy like lasagna. I keep meaning to pick more up.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:48 am

My mother used to have one of these. I doubt she still uses hers too.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:30 am

I have one that belonged to my Mama but I have never used it and neither did she so its brand new sort of. I wonder if it works I have always been curious about the slow cooker.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
I have one that belonged to my Mama but I have never used it and neither did she so its brand new sort of. I wonder if it works I have always been curious about the slow cooker.

You should really try it one day Tony. Maybe in winter some time with chili or stew or something you could freeze if you weren't having people over who could eat the extra.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 pm

I have one but it's only ever used for making soup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?   How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? Empty

Back to top Go down

How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?
Page 1 of 1