CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack Empty Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack

Post by Marc™ Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:59 am

Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack
    Thursday, June 02, 2011

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Singing legend Patti LaBelle -- the so-called godmother of soul -- is now the target of a lawsuit after a violent confrontation involving her security guards was caught on camera at a Houston airport.

The man who filed the lawsuit says he was the victim of an unprovoked attack and he accuses Patti LaBelle of sending her guards after him. Much of it was caught on surveillance video.

The case was filed in a civil lawsuit because the Houston Police Department didn't file any criminal charges in this case. The lawsuit alleges it was Patti LaBelle who told her bodyguards to remove someone who was standing too close to her luggage.

The entire incident was recorded by a security camera at Bush Intercontinental Airport. Richard King, wearing a yellow shirt, was involved in a physical confrontation. King was the victim of an unprovoked attack, says his lawyer.

"He was completely taken by surprise," said John Raley, King's attorney. "No one would have seen this coming. Even watching the video tape now for the, I don't know how many times we've watched it, it still is surprising the violence and the suddenness and the brutality of this attack."

The incident happened on March 11. King, who is 23 years old and a senior at West Point Military Academy, told us by phone on Wednesday that on March 11 he was on spring break and came to Houston to visit his family. King says he was on the phone with his brother, unaware he was standing next to LaBelle's luggage. King says at the time, he'd never heard of Patti LaBelle.

"I pretty much got jumped," King said. "I really don't even know why, and on top of that, it's causing a lot of trouble up here because of the false police report that they had reported."

According to Houston police, King is described as a suspect who was harassing the occupants of the limo. HPD also reports it was King who appeared to be intoxicated and punched the limo driver. King denies being drunk.

Robert Bowick, an attorney for King, said, "It doesn't matter if Cadet King was impaired from a drink or two. He was minding his own business. He was not harming anybody. He was not a harm to himself."

Equally disturbing, says King's lawyer, are the actions of LaBelle after the incident. The superstar emerges from her limo and takes pictures with fans, including a Houston police officer. Raley says LaBelle was standing over King's spilled blood on the ground.

Repeated attempts to contact LaBelle or her representatives were unsuccessful.

(Copyright ©2011 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Source:
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8166451
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack Empty Re: Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

Wow I wonder how true it is. I can't imagine PL doing something like that to an innocent bystander.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack Empty Re: Patti LaBelle sued over alleged attack

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:25 pm

The start of it appears to have happened off camera. They did knock him down once but we don't know what provoked that. From what I saw he fell at least 3 times on his own. That makes we wonder if there's truth to the allegation that he was drunk. He claims he wasn't but then his lawyer says: "It doesn't matter if Cadet King was impaired from a drink or two. He was minding his own business. He was not harming anybody. He was not a harm to himself." You can't get the whole story sometimes from a security vid but it did look that way to me. No criminal charges seems like it would favor PL. But his story that he had never heard of PL is pure bullshit.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 am

Does seem a bit far-fetched to me. When I hear stories like this, I always wonder if it's just some idiot trying to make a mint off of some celebrity. I usually end up doubting the truth of what they are saying.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:48 am

He's gone from second lieutenant to private since this & the longer article at the site indicates that the police smelled alcohol on him. West Point "outprocessed" him.

In his best-laid plans, Richard King was set to leave West Point next year as both a starting cornerback on the Cadet football team and a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army. Instead, in a span of a little less than three months, he's been inflicted with likely career-ending injuries, busted to private and thrust into the queue for active duty — all, according to a lawsuit filed this week, the consequences of an unexpected encounter with R&B diva Patti LaBelle after King landed in his native Houston for spring break on March 11

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Ex-Army-CB-sues-Patti-LaBelle-in-wake-of-injurie?urn=ncaaf-wp2191

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:18 pm