CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Chris
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
8 posters

Neighbors really do need to have each other's backs

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Neighbors really do need to have each other's backs  Empty Neighbors really do need to have each other's backs

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:58 pm

I just heard the most sad story from my guy. A friend of his had a stroke in his home, and didn't even realize it, and acted "off" for two days, leaving several signs to his neighbors (who say it now, but did nothing at the time) that he wasn't right. He does lawn care as a job and he was just going out and mowing small sections of his own lawn every few hours. And he was hanging clothes piece by piece, spread out over a day.

But Mike just was there, in a fog (able to walk and move his arms) and didn't know what to do. It took friends of his calling the girl he was casually dating asking where he was for her to go over there. He wasn't even answering the door.

It is all very sad. My guy was there for a while this morning to see him in the hospital, and while it seems he suffered no physical impairment from this, he is still very confused about everything.

So, it's good food for thought to check up on someone when they don't seem right, even if you are just a neighbor.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Neighbors really do need to have each other's backs  Empty Re: Neighbors really do need to have each other's backs

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:47 am

That's unfortunate, but seriously.....I have no use or desire to be friends with my neighbors. I mind my business and they mind theirs.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Neighbors really do need to have each other's backs  Empty Re: Neighbors really do need to have each other's backs

Post by Chris Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:50 am

Very true Red, and I agree. Anytime you notice when someone doesn't seem like their normal self, always inquire. Can't hurt.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:26 am

My neighbor on one side of me I would check up on but the family on the other side they can kiss my booty shake In an emergency situation I would act but I would not go out of my way for them.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Tony Marino wrote:My neighbor on one side of me I would check up on but the family on the other side they can kiss my booty shake In an emergency situation I would act but I would not go out of my way for them.

Do I need to put a hit out on those people for you? Just say the word....I'll make 'em disappear....
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:That's unfortunate, but seriously.....I have no use or desire to be friends with my neighbors. I mind my business and they mind theirs.

co-signs
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 pm

RedBedroom wrote:So, it's good food for thought to check up on someone when they don't seem right, even if you are just a neighbor.

co-signs

I agree. People need to watch out for each other more. And if I knew a neighbor who wasn't quite right, I would definitely keep an eye on them, not only for them, but for myself - what would happen if something irreversible happpened and I had known something wasn't right and didn't do anything about it?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 am

That really is sad. I hope he'll be okay!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:44 pm