Can overexposure kill an artist for you? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can overexposure kill an artist for you?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkOblivion
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
DarkOblivion

Male
Rep : 4

Can overexposure kill an artist for you? Empty
PostSubject: Can overexposure kill an artist for you?   Can overexposure kill an artist for you? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 am

I was recently talking to my friend about artists being overexposed and whether it make's you just tired of them for awhile.

There have been older artists that even though I didn't live in the era the hype for some of there albums I heard then listened to it like downplayed me a bit. I Was on a crazy Miles Davis kick after listening to Kind Of blue and thought this may very well be the best jazz album of all time. I heard so much talk about Sketches Of Spain and jazz legends hyping it so much that the cd was so underwhelming i stopped listening to Davis for awhile.

Recently I was interested in GaGa's new album, but now i am tired of her. She is incredibly over exposed and I hear her song's somewhere almost everyday and I'm just sick of her and her name.

Who are some artist's you guys have liked that gone to overexposed to the point you just had to take a break from them?
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Can overexposure kill an artist for you?   Can overexposure kill an artist for you? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 am

Totally. Lady GaGa was one. When she first came out in 2008, I thought she was decent. Then, as Poker Face and Lovegame were so damn overplayed, I heard just how bad they were.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Can overexposure kill an artist for you?   Can overexposure kill an artist for you? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Can't really think of one. If I like someone, I like someone. It's more annoying to me to see an artist that I can't stand or that I think it's way overrated to be overexposed.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Can overexposure kill an artist for you?   Can overexposure kill an artist for you? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Not really because by the time they get to be overexposed I've made up my mind about whether or not I'm gonna be a fan. If I like them, then I appreciate their exposure. I don't like them, then their exposure doesn't really matter because I already tuned them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can overexposure kill an artist for you?   Can overexposure kill an artist for you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can overexposure kill an artist for you?
Page 1 of 1