Are you good at delivering bad news? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you good at delivering bad news?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Are you good at delivering bad news? Empty
PostSubject: Are you good at delivering bad news?   Are you good at delivering bad news? EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 pm

I don't like to tell people bad news.

Today, I totally f'ed up. I saw a friend and asked her if she had seen the news reports about our mutual friend's grandfather being killed. She had seen the reports, but did not realize who it was. So, there I was casually telling her about this, and she took it way harder than I ever dreamed she would. I feel like shit right now.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you good at delivering bad news?   Are you good at delivering bad news? EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:59 pm

I would, but if I don't have to....then I won't. I remember when my uncle passed away about 8 yrs ago. He got shot and we all thought he was going to make it. My grandmother called my father's house to tell him, but he wasn't home and she told me that he passed. I didn't want to tell him, so I called my dad and told him that his mother said to call her and she could relay the news to him. He was very close to my uncle and I knew the news would make him very upset. I didn't want to be the one to break it to him, even though I knew before it he did. I let her tell him.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are you good at delivering bad news?   Are you good at delivering bad news? EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I can & have but would rather not.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Are you good at delivering bad news?   Are you good at delivering bad news? EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:11 pm

No. I'll merrily tell someone I dislike that their car was towed, that they aren't invited to the party, that they can clean out their office because they're fired....that sort of thing....but I'm not the one to have to tell someone their loved one died.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you good at delivering bad news?   Are you good at delivering bad news? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you good at delivering bad news?
Page 1 of 1