Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song Empty
PostSubject: Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song   Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:19 am

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/06/09/alicia-keys-reveals-that-aaliyahs-passing-inspired-hit-song/

Quote :
Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song Alicia-keys-bw

Ten years after her breakthrough debut, Alicia Keys is reflecting on one of her biggest hits. The R&B songstress shares that “If I Ain’t Got You” was inspired by the sudden death of Aaliyah.

“‘If I Ain’t Got You’ was also such an incredible song for me, it just means so much. Certain songs change everything. This was one of them,” she said of the single from 2003’s The Diary of Alicia Keys. “The song idea came together right after Aaliyah passed away. It was such a sad time and no one wanted to believe it. It just made everything crystal clear to me—what matters, and what doesn’t.”

The piano ballad still holds a special place in her heart. “I remember writing the beginnings of it on a flight somewhere and then finished it in the hotel once I got where we were going,” she added. “It came quickly and I was so moved to write it and it doesn’t matter how many times I sing it, I love it with the same intensity as when I first wrote and recorded it.”

She also reminisced about working with a then unknown Kanye West on “You Don’t Know My Name.” “Here was this new and extremely eager guy who had so much to prove,” she wrote. “I remember the first day we got together to work on what would become ‘You Don’t Know My Name.’ He played me the rough idea of his first hit single ‘Through the Wire.’ He was just as much a ball of fire then as he is now.”

Alicia will release the 10th anniversary edition of her Grammy-winning album songs in A minor on June 28 and perform at this year’s BET Awards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song   Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 am

Blue Cool , koo.

if i aint got you and you dont know my name are 2 of my favorites from her
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song   Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Um, okay. "If I Ain't Got You" sounds like more of a love song though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song   Alicia Keys Reveals That Aaliyah’s Passing Inspired Hit Song Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1