CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Nystyle709
Impact
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Chris
11 posters

Southern Baptists Have Fewest Baptisms Since The 1950s And Are Losing Members

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Southern Baptists Have Fewest Baptisms Since The 1950s And Are Losing Members - Page 2 Empty Re: Southern Baptists Have Fewest Baptisms Since The 1950s And Are Losing Members

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 am

RobbieFTW wrote:If ALL organized religion was taxed out of existence the ENTIRE world would be a much better place to live for everyone, not just the wealthy. Organized religion is responsibl­e for more death and destructio­n than ANY and ALL wars that have ever been fought on the face of the earth.

And that is a complete load of crap. Religion is just one excuse among many people use to kill for their own selfish reasons. Trust me, if you taxed religion out of existence, assuming you even could, you'd only end up with even more trouble. Atheists would find new reasons to kill each other. Blaming religion truly shows a blindness to the real problem. In fact, whenever anybody says that we should exterminate religion to make the world a better place, I have to laugh because that very statement shows that the problem would remain.

But I guess it just shows that there's intolerance on both sides. Wishing to see religion exterminated? So much for accepting difference.

Of course, religion isn't going anywhere. People act like irreligiousness is new. People have always hated religion since Day 1 and will until the bitter end. That's life. People always think it's going away and it never does.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Southern Baptists Have Fewest Baptisms Since The 1950s And Are Losing Members - Page 2 Empty Re: Southern Baptists Have Fewest Baptisms Since The 1950s And Are Losing Members

Post by Rainmaker Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Marc™️ wrote:Their credo has been too exclusionary and judgemental.....and that's led to their downfall. I hope they've now learned their lesson and that going forward they become a religion that is more reasonable to most people. If not, they will disappear, and if they don't change they should do just that.

co-signs
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    RobbieFTW wrote:If ALL organized religion was taxed out of existence the ENTIRE world would be a much better place to live for everyone, not just the wealthy. Organized religion is responsibl­e for more death and destructio­n than ANY and ALL wars that have ever been fought on the face of the earth.

And that is a complete load of crap. Religion is just one excuse among many people use to kill for their own selfish reasons. Trust me, if you taxed religion out of existence, assuming you even could, you'd only end up with even more trouble. Atheists would find new reasons to kill each other. Blaming religion truly shows a blindness to the real problem. In fact, whenever anybody says that we should exterminate religion to make the world a better place, I have to laugh because that very statement shows that the problem would remain.

But I guess it just shows that there's intolerance on both sides. Wishing to see religion exterminated? So much for accepting difference.

Of course, religion isn't going anywhere. People act like irreligiousness is new. People have always hated religion since Day 1 and will until the bitter end. That's life. People always think it's going away and it never does.

I speak the truth buddy boy!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:I speak the truth buddy boy!

But you don't pal! Razz
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 pm

War will occur no matter what-- even if religion suddenly ceased to exist.

But it's undeniable that it has started a shitton of trouble.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:55 pm