CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Green Lantern

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Green Lantern Empty Green Lantern

Post by Shale Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Green Lantern
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    June 17, 2011

I am totally unfamiliar with the DC comic hero Green Lantern. Looked it up and it's been around since 1940 and had a resurgence in the 1950s but somehow it is one of the lesser demigods of superheroes.

Green Lantern 76722_gal

But, no prob! The movie opens with background on how the very ancient Guardians of the Universe have a Green Lantern Corps from all the thousands of planets and use the Green Force of Willpower to create whatever they can think of.

There is also one evil force called Parallax who has been imprisoned (and whom you know will escape). In a battle he mortally wounds Abin Sur (Temuera Morrison), one of the alien Green Lanterns who escapes and crash lands on an inhabitable planet - Earth.

But first we meet Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) a test pilot and typical hotshot womanizer and risk taker. His coworker Carol Ferris (Blake Lively) is also a test pilot and daughter of the aircraft company owner. And, you can tell they have history.

Test Pilots (with history)
    Green Lantern 71722_gal

Hal is abducted by a green force field and taken to the dying alien where he is given the ring and its charger, a Green Lantern. The alien said the ring chose him because he is fearless.

Hal & the Green Lantern Ring
    Green Lantern 71721_gal

There are a lot of off-world scenes out in the universe a wormhole away, where Hal - the first human Green Lantern receives training and knowledge. Good CGI work here and I've read that the 3-D is good, tho I saw it in 2-D.

Hal & Tomar-Re on Oa
    Green Lantern 75621_gal

Well, you know that Parallax is on the loose and there are complications when a scientist, Dr. Hector Hammond (Peter Sarsgaard) does an autopsy on the dead alien. Typical comic book stuff, with a bigger than life battle when the evil force gets to earth.

This is the summer movie season and this flick fit right in. Go as a 13-year-old kid and enjoy the movie or go as an adult and serious movie critic and be with the majority who did not enjoy it. I had fun with it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Green Lantern Empty Re: Green Lantern

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 am

Thanks Shale I may go see it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 am

Critics have been panning it, but I"m still going to see it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:12 pm