Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?

Go down 
+7
Shale
Tony Marino
Hyacinth Girl
Supernova
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? Empty
PostSubject: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 am

Growing up with a mom and two sisters, terms like 'slut' or 'tramp' were basically considered no-no's (even when speaking of women who fit the description.) With a daughter, I'm pretty much still in that mindset.

What do you think, do you consider these words unacceptable to use in general?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:45 am

Not in general. IMO, they have applications that are valid. And heck, since women are often the ones TO use them, it's gonna be hard to try and say that it's ALWAYS wrong. Just like words used to insult men aren't offensive to ALL men. If it's not directed AT you, and it clearly cannot apply to you either, why be offended?
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 am

I find that women use them more often than men do. And usually at each other. That's what's most disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:58 am

I can usually find a place for all of them, the real kicker is 'bitch' because on one hand, it's not a compliment, but at the same time I do kind of pride myself on being one at times.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 am

I think it depends on the situation and context of the conversation/arguement you are in. I've used those words myself, but I don't toss them around freely unless warranted. I've never used "C-U-N-T", though, at least not outside of thinking it about someone.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
I think it depends on the situation and context of the conversation/arguement you are in. I've used those words myself, but I don't toss them around freely unless warranted. I've never used "C-U-N-T", though, at least not outside of thinking it about someone.

I agree. While I don't use them liberally, I have tossed out those words I listed in an occasional one-off instance; but I don't think I've ever referred to a woman as a cunt. Not even the one's who I thought were despicable. That's just too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Not in general. IMO, they have applications that are valid. And heck, since women are often the ones TO use them, it's gonna be hard to try and say that it's ALWAYS wrong. Just like words used to insult men aren't offensive to ALL men. If it's not directed AT you, and it clearly cannot apply to you either, why be offended?

co-signs I agree with Lil Bro.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm

I hate the designation of a woman as a slut just because she is as casual about sex as I am. Seems a double standard to me.

I know bitch has become such a derogatory term that ppl get upset when you call their female poodles a bitch. (It ain't slander if it's true!)

I learned at an early age about bitch. My mom and dad were having one of their frequent arguments when I heard her say "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!!" My dad did a quick recovery and said "I called you a witch." She bought it, or at least let it pass.

Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm

I find that cunt and twat and underused. If we can use pussy, bitch, slut and ho... why not those? What's so special about those two? I don't know many women, actually, who find them offensive.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't use the terms outside of the home (too often) but my wife and daughter are Queen Bitch and Baby Bitch respectively. I'm not the one who originated the usage.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:20 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
I find that cunt and twat and underused. If we can use pussy, bitch, slut and ho... why not those? What's so special about those two? I don't know many women, actually, who find them offensive.
I don't use the term descriptively against an individual but when an inanimate object draws my ire, I'll sometimes call it a cunt fart under my breath.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 pm

If the shoe fits.......
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:26 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
If the shoe fits.......

You read my mind. Don't act like a bitch or slut, and no one will call you that.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:57 am

Marc™ wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:
If the shoe fits.......

You read my mind. Don't act like a bitch or slut, and no one will call you that.

Yup!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?   Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?
Page 1 of 1