Windows Updates Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows Updates

Go down 
+6
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:01 am

Do you get that pop up on your computer when updates are available? I seem to get them every week from Microsoft, there are constant updates to security. I just updated last week and today there are 20 more! I have been waiting over half hour now for them to install and twice now it got stuck on one of the installations. Do you update frequently on your computer?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:19 am

I get them too but not nearly as often as you do Tony. Sometimes I come to the computer and I have to log back on because it automatically restarted because something installed. Other times I just get a pop-up asking me if I want to check if any updates are available. More often than not there aren't any.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:52 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
I get them too but not nearly as often as you do Tony. Sometimes I come to the computer and I have to log back on because it automatically restarted because something installed. Other times I just get a pop-up asking me if I want to check if any updates are available. More often than not there aren't any.

Maybe because I am running Windows Vista on this computer. Seems Vista was the joke of Windows but it runs o.k. on my computer. I was 3 months away from Windows 7 I should have waited.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:20 am

My copy and paste stopped working a few months ago. I looked up ways to solve it and it said to cancel the most recent Windows update. That worked. So, that made me wonder how a lay person would ever know for sure what updates are needed or not.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am

Windows Updates tend to be a pain for me.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am

i update everytime it says i have new ones.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:30 am

When I run Windows, I tend to ignore Microsoft Updates because I don't trust them. Newer isn't always better.

On Mac, I only update once every few months or so.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:40 am

I used to get them periodically....but haven't in a while.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 am

I have mine set for automatic update that installs them right before shutting down. My Dad has fixed/built computers for over 30 years now, and he thinks it's wise to do the updates. Also he sent me a program called "Norton Ghost" with an external drive, that backs up my entire system/hard drive on a regular basis. My computer crashed at one point, and I had to work with Dad via phone to restore and rebuild everything, so with the Norton program, it's an easy fix should it crash again. Also if you install an upgrade you later don't like, you can go into the Norton Ghost and restore your system to a point before the install.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 pm

I get an update alert every Sunday/Monday on my MAC. On my PC, it's been a while, but I think that's because I don't use it as much anymore. When those updates came up, they would shut your computer down if you didn't immediately tell it not to. I recall an instance where I was stepped away from my PC while I was typing something, came back and it was off. The update had restarted my computer, and I lost what I'd been working on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Alan Smithee wrote:

Maybe because I am running Windows Vista on this computer. Seems Vista was the joke of Windows but it runs o.k. on my computer. I was 3 months away from Windows 7 I should have waited.

We've got Vista too.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Running WIndows Vista is like putting salt in your gas tank.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:42 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:

Yeah that very well may be but I have been lucky, I have had no problems with it at all.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
I have mine set for automatic update that installs them right before shutting down. My Dad has fixed/built computers for over 30 years now, and he thinks it's wise to do the updates. Also he sent me a program called "Norton Ghost" with an external drive, that backs up my entire system/hard drive on a regular basis. My computer crashed at one point, and I had to work with Dad via phone to restore and rebuild everything, so with the Norton program, it's an easy fix should it crash again. Also if you install an upgrade you later don't like, you can go into the Norton Ghost and restore your system to a point before the install.

That is definetly a great idea HG.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:

Yeah that very well may be but I have been lucky, I have had no problems with it at all.

Upgrraaaadddeeee!!!! cheers (rah)
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm

i have vista too
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Windows Vista isn't the greatest, but I haven't had any problems out of them since I got my laptop. I don't get the updates all that often, but when I do....I go ahead and update. Doesn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates   Windows Updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows Updates
Page 1 of 1