CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
Chris
7 posters

Interview With the Vampire

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Interview With the Vampire Empty Interview With the Vampire

Post by Chris Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 am

Interview With the Vampire InterviewwithaVampireMoviePoste

What did you think of this movie? IMO, the film would have been better without Tom Cruise; he was all wrong for Lestat.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Interview With the Vampire Empty Re: Interview With the Vampire

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 am

Chris wrote:Interview With the Vampire InterviewwithaVampireMoviePoste

What did you think of this movie? IMO, the film would have been better without Tom Cruise; he was all wrong for Lestat.

Really? I though Cruise did a great job in this movie and was perfect as Lestat! It might be my fav thing hes done.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 am

Yeah I agree about Cruise, my picture of Lestat was more like the guy that played Thor. Lestat was supposed to be this Blonde God. Cruise played it off o.k. but the film would have been better without him. Kirsten Dundst as Claudia was a very good choice and Brad Pitt as Louis was a good choice.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 am

I liked that movie, and I loved Tom Cruise in it as Lestat, I liked him WAY MORE than Brad Pitt as Louis, of course I'm also biased towards the characters, I love Lestat, I don't care much for Louis. I always loved it when they find Claudia and Lestat picks up the corpse of her plague infested mother and is dancing around the room with her, LMAO! such a dark sense of humor, I love it!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:06 pm

i liked this movie Smile
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Supernova wrote:I liked that movie, and I loved Tom Cruise in it as Lestat, I liked him WAY MORE than Brad Pitt as Louis, of course I'm also biased towards the characters, I love Lestat, I don't care much for Louis. I always loved it when they find Claudia and Lestat picks up the corpse of her plague infested mother and is dancing around the room with her, LMAO! such a dark sense of humor, I love it!

I don't know if your read the books or not but by the time I got to Tale of the Body thief, my impression of Lestat was a God.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I don't know if your read the books or not but by the time I got to Tale of the Body thief, my impression of Lestat was a God.

I've read the first four, Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, and Tale of the Body Thief...I don't know what it is to Lestat, he seems to be an exception to the rule of the vampire world given that he survived being burnt to a crisp by the sunlight. He also seems to be about the only one smart enough to know he can be out before it's dark, just not in the sun's rays. In some places he's regarded as the Vampire Brat, and that certainly does seem to describe him at times, but I never got around to reading the rest of the books though I always meant to find them.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Supernova wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:I don't know if your read the books or not but by the time I got to Tale of the Body thief, my impression of Lestat was a God.

I've read the first four, Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, and Tale of the Body Thief...I don't know what it is to Lestat, he seems to be an exception to the rule of the vampire world given that he survived being burnt to a crisp by the sunlight. He also seems to be about the only one smart enough to know he can be out before it's dark, just not in the sun's rays. In some places he's regarded as the Vampire Brat, and that certainly does seem to describe him at times, but I never got around to reading the rest of the books though I always meant to find them.

After Tale of the Body thief they Vampire Chronicles started to lose their steam. I stopped reading them after Memnoch the Devil although I have them all in the collection.

If you want to read another good Anne Rice book, The Witching Hour was really good.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    After Tale of the Body thief they Vampire Chronicles started to lose their steam. I stopped reading them after Memnoch the Devil although I have them all in the collection.

If you want to read another good Anne Rice book, The Witching Hour was really good.

LMAO! I have a copy of that book, two in fact, I just never got around to reading it yet.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Supernova wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

LMAO! I have a copy of that book, two in fact, I just never got around to reading it yet.

You should check it out, you will be surprised how good it is.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 pm

I saw the movie in theater and then bought the DVD.

I did not read the book so I don't know what I missed or what got lost in the movie or how they compare. Point is they are two different media and should not be compared. If you like the book good. You probably should not go see a movie based on a book you like because invariably they will differ - they are two different media.

I like Cruise in his role and Pitt is OK in his.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 am

The movie was OK as a whole. I haven't read any of the books so I didn't have any preconceived expectations.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:22 am

Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, the movie and the book are almost exactly alike almost up till the end. It's once they tried doing Queen of the Damned that it was a huge disaster area that made no sense.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:28 am

Supernova wrote:Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, the movie and the book are almost exactly alike almost up till the end. It's once they tried doing Queen of the Damned that it was a huge disaster area that made no sense.

The big mistake they made was combining "The Vampire Lestat" with "Queen of the Damned" for the movie. Queen of the Damned was such an intense book I was not sure how they were going to make it into a movie. When I heard they were combining them I knew that it was going to be a disaster. QOTD should have been its own movie as should TVL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 am