Meat...to eat, or not to eat... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meat...to eat, or not to eat...

Go down 
+7
CeCe
Cheaps
TSJFan4Ever
Shale
Jason B.
Nystyle709
Kral
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

Meat...to eat, or not to eat... Empty
PostSubject: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

...is the question..

How many of you are vegetarians? It seems to have become a new form of religion. Several times in the last few days I have had people try to "convert" me, as if the fact that I eat meat is morally wrong. Even diet & make over programs always seem to put people on strict vegetarian diets, when did it become unacceptable to be a meat-eater?

Do you think it is? would it ruin your relationship with someone if one of you was veggie and the other not?

My best friend is a vegetarian and it has never caused a problem in our relationship, she has never tried to "convert" me or make me feel bad in a restaurant for ordering a rare steak.

And yet it seems to make people who don't know me see me as some kind of animal abuser.

Should I feel bad because I don't want to be a vegetarian?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Don't feel bad at all because you don't want to be a vegetarian. One of my very good friends is a vegan. A strict, die-hard vegan. And I'll admit to learning a lot from her about food, where it comes from, etc and I do take a lot of things she says in consideration and I've modified my eating habits somewhat because of things she said....but she's hardly converted me to the other side. I think it's personal and lifestyle choice that works for the people who choose to follow it and that's totally acceptable. However, don't think I'm the devil because I choose not to be one. Humans are atop of the food chain. Animals eat other animals to survive. Since we as humans ARE animals, since we do get nutrition FROM animals, I don't see the problem with being a carnivore.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Love the meat. big grin

I do like vegetarian food and can be quite happy not eating meat, but I would not consider stopping.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 am

Kral wrote:
...is the question..

How many of you are vegetarians? ... would it ruin your relationship with someone if one of you was veggie and the other not?
I am a vegetarian and was with a woman who was not for two decades. It is a personal choice that I made and has nothing to do with other ppl.

And, it is not a new form of religion - Hindus and many Buddhists are religiously vegetarian and that has been around for thousands of years. In India the train stations have a vegetarian and non-vegetarian side of the restaurants but you can eat together in the dining area.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:59 am

I'm a meat eater!!!!! I can eat vegetarian, but I love meat, too! I've never tried to have someone try and convert me.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 am

I EAT MEAT!!!
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 am

cheaps wrote:
I EAT MEAT!!!

REPENT ur sins young lady! not worthy

Say 25 'Hail Bambis' and you may yet get into heaven!

Go and eat no more soft cuddlies.

yeah right
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:10 am

Love meat. Got a very thick steak that's going to be part of some fajitas for dinner tonight.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 am

Proud meat eater! big grin I like some veggie foods but I ain't giving up meat. Nobody's tried to convert me yet but I'd love to laugh off them trying. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:14 am

I eat meat, nothing like a nice barbecued steak!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm an omnivore.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 pm

I eat meat, I like it, I'm not a BIG meat eater like some people are, but I like steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, bacon, chicken, turkey, all the good stuff...and I've really never had anybody try to convince me to swear off of meat. A couple of times as a kid I entertained the notion of being a vegetarian but nothing ever came of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meat...to eat, or not to eat...   Meat...to eat, or not to eat... Empty

Back to top Go down

Meat...to eat, or not to eat...
Page 1 of 1