Do you like foreign films? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you like foreign films?

Go down 
+5
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Shale
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you like foreign films? Empty
PostSubject: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 am

Are you a fan of any foreign films?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

I liked Life is Beautiful and Edges of the Lord and that's about it, excluding my anime stuff. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 am

i've seen a foreign film
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:39 am

Hard to say what is 'foreign' any more. Some are Hollywood productions filmed with European/Canadian actors shot in Czech Republic. Braveheart tho a Paramount production ws shot in Scotland with English and Australians running the show. Is that a foreign film? Are Harry Potter, Elizabeth, Wilde and other British made films foreign?

Used to be, foreign films were those risque French flicks that showed casual nudity and even sex scenes with male genitals. But they were notoriously dark and depressing. Watched Bath House an Italian Turkish film, equally with a European dark tone when it could have been so much fun.

I enjoyed Mongol, a Russian bio flick of Ghengis Khan, shot on location in Mongolia with Mongol actors & English (or Russian I suppose) subtitles. So, it depends on the type of film and how well made as to wheter I enjoy it or not.

I just watched Regular Guys, a German light romcom with English subtitles that I enjoyed and tho obviously contrived as all romcoms are, it gave me a glimpse of some of the cultural differences/similarities of gay acceptance in a European country. (Still judgmental in macho circles like police but a lot less than here.)
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:16 pm

^^Echte Kerle is an amazing movie. I have such a crush on Christoph M. Ohrt, the man who played Schwenk. big grin

Such a fox.

Do you like foreign films? Christoph_m_ohrt
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:51 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
^^Echte Kerle is an amazing movie. I have such a crush on Christoph M. Ohrt, the man who played Schwenk. big grin

Such a fox.

Do you like foreign films? Christoph_m_ohrt

OH,yes he was a cutie in that movie and still hot 15 years later.

Loved when he forced a mouth kiss on the bigot cop. I had such disdain for my closeted fellow cops in the late '60s New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Chris wrote:

British film are not considered foreign films. Check out the Academy Award site for those films that are eligible for the Best Foreign Film. Such films must first be released in the country that submits a film to the Academy. Any film where the majority of the dialogue is in English doesn't qualify. The submitting country can still qualify in other languages. There are several French films in other foreign languages, such as Arabic. A film made in Canada can qualify if entirely in French. But a film like "Letters From Iwo Jima can't

Anyway, I strongly feel Foreign films have surpassed what's usually made in this country. I see many foreign films, so I can intelligently discuss the subject. Here are several great foreign releases in the past few years:

The White Ribbon
Pan's Labyrinth
The Lives of Others
Incendies
A Prophet
Let The Right One In
I Served The King of England
4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days
Cache
Old Boy
Downfall
Joyeux Noel
A Very Long Engagement
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:52 pm

JWF wrote:
Chris wrote:
Anyway, I strongly feel Foreign films have surpassed what's usually made in this country. I see many foreign films, so I can intelligently discuss the subject. Here are several great foreign releases in the past few years:

The White Ribbon
Pan's Labyrinth
The Lives of Others
Incendies
A Prophet
Let The Right One In
I Served The King of England
4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days
Cache
Old Boy
Downfall
Joyeux Noel
A Very Long Engagement

Thanx for the clarification.

Unfortunately, I am like most Americans who enjoy the less intelligent stuff and go to movies for the fun of it. In fact I just came back from seeing Transformers: Dark of the Moon. You can't get any less intelligent than that but it was fun.

Of your list of foreign films I only saw two - Pan's Labyrinth, which I didn't enjoy and A Very Long Engagement, which was OK.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:46 pm

cheaps wrote:
i've seen a foreign film

LOL, yeah...me too.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:57 pm

I haven't seen that many. I'm not crazy about subtitles.

Rashomon
Seven Samurai
Knife in the Water
Jules and Jim
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:25 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
cheaps wrote:
i've seen a foreign film

LOL, yeah...me too.

ha HA! i meant to put i never seen a foreign film Smile
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:37 pm

cheaps wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, yeah...me too.

ROFLMAO! I was *this* close to asking if you were going to let us in on which one it was.
Back to top Go down
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:58 pm

I am a movie buff, who can't really hook into foreign films that much. I don't mind subtitles. After I have seen a film entirely with subtitles, I remember it as if I heard it in English. Perception. Those partly with subtitles, too, like Inglourious Basterds, which is an American movie but had big chunks with subtitles.

Brotherhood Of the Wolf. It is French, but is horror, drama, martial arts, adventure, romance. It is everything.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
cheaps wrote:

Do you like foreign films? 176229 I was *this* close to asking if you were going to let us in on which one it was.

I've seen Amelie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like foreign films?   Do you like foreign films? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you like foreign films?
Page 1 of 1