Successful TV show recasts/replacements? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Successful TV show recasts/replacements?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

Successful TV show recasts/replacements? Empty
PostSubject: Successful TV show recasts/replacements?   Successful TV show recasts/replacements? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:46 am

What shows do you think successfully pulled off the recasting or replacement of a major character? Even if the show continues on successfully, the chemistry on the show usually changes and risks alienating fans.

No soap opera's, please.

My choices:

CHEERS - Kirstie Alley replaces Shelley Long. I know people will argue but I think the first couple seasons with Rebecca really breathed some freshness into the show. It still went on way past the sell-by date but they definitely earned a few more seasons with the recast/refocusing of the stories.

CHARLIE'S ANGELS - Cheryl Ladd replaces Farrah Fawcett. Fawcett may have been iconic, but Ladd was so cheesily of the 70's that I actually like her seasons better than Fawcett's original. Now, once Kate Jackson left the show went into the toilet but for 3 seasons it was pure cheese ball, jiggle magic.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Successful TV show recasts/replacements?   Successful TV show recasts/replacements? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:49 am

I like Mr. Furley better than the Ropers on Three's Company.
I like the second Darrin better on Bewitched.
You can't really credit it to any one recast/replacement, but I like A Different World much better after Lisa Bonet left.
On Mama's Family, Bubba and Iola were better than Aunt Fran, Buzz and Sonja.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Successful TV show recasts/replacements?   Successful TV show recasts/replacements? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 am

Sarah Chalke replaced Lecy Gorensen on Roseanne as Becky. I liked them both, but I do think that Lecy's Becky was definitely the meaner of the two. Sarah played the character as much more mellow.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Successful TV show recasts/replacements?   Successful TV show recasts/replacements? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:03 pm

I guess M.A.S.H. did all right even after McLean Stevenson, Wayne Rogers and Larry Linville left. My Three Sons replaced William (Fred Mertz) Frawley with William Demarest. As much as Coach was a great character, they didn't miss a beat with Woddy Harrelson. NYPD Blue survived after David Caruso left.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Successful TV show recasts/replacements?   Successful TV show recasts/replacements? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 am

I preferred Kirstey Ally to Shelly Long on Cheers too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Successful TV show recasts/replacements?   Successful TV show recasts/replacements? Empty

Back to top Go down

Successful TV show recasts/replacements?
Page 1 of 1