Controversial celebrities Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Controversial celebrities

Go down 
+6
Cheaps
Tony Marino
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Controversial celebrities Empty
PostSubject: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:20 am

What do you think of celebrities who are as known for controversy as they are their work? Does it make them more interesting to you, or does it make them seem more gimmicky, and less sincere/talented?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:22 am

I read somewhere that Michael Jackson was dealing coke to teens. It depends on the controversy. The shit Charlie Sheen gets into does nothing to boost his image but I can still tune that shit out when I watch reruns of 2 1/2 Men but I will never buy a ticket for a Mel Gibson movie again. Not saying I won't watch when it gets to cable. The mischief Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian get into does nothing to diminish my opinion of them. For some celebrities such as Lindsey Lohan, the controversy is their career.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:36 am

Makes it seem gimmicky to me.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 am

It depends on the reason for the controversy.

Madonna was controversial because repeatedly called out the Catholic church for its hypocrisy, and her videos always showed a woman in a sexual way that wasn't subservient, which people both hated and were intrigued by.

I find that to be good controversy, because she was trying to change the double standard.

---

Then you have somebody like Lady GaGa, who tries to be controversial by arriving to the Grammys in a plastic egg, wearing meat dresses, and making videos where she has the nerve to imply that she gave birth to the gay community. This kind of controversy, which isn't really controversy at all, is just a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:41 am

^^^^The "good controversy" is always the controversy that you agree with. The bad controversy is always the ones you don't. FORGIVENESS MAN Ah, humans love themselves so.

I think Madonna's controversies imply a lack of creativity musically. (Gaga's too. Razz )
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
It depends on the reason for the controversy.

Madonna was controversial because repeatedly called out the Catholic church for its hypocrisy, and her videos always showed a woman in a sexual way that wasn't subservient, which people both hated and were intrigued by.

I find that to be good controversy, because she was trying to change the double standard.

---

Then you have somebody like Lady GaGa, who tries to be controversial by arriving to the Grammys in a plastic egg, wearing meat dresses, and making videos where she has the nerve to imply that she gave birth to the gay community. This kind of controversy, which isn't really controversy at all, is just a gimmick.

I don't get that at all about GAGA and I don't see how she implies that she gave birth to the gay community. I see GAGA as a New Generation Diva, Madonna is from another era gone by.

Not saying Madonna is still not a great performer mind you cause I like her too but she had her time, she made her statements and she will always be a musical legend.

Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:59 am

I think that, just because Madonna is 50, America isn't interested. The music is still good, her shows are intense, and she's still as intelligent as she ever was. She took a break between albums and GaGa happened to have come up with her gimmicks and now, all of a sudden, she's the new queen of pop.

wtf?

Since when did Madonna retire?

But anyway, this is about controversy. GaGa makes her own gimmicks because she's a desperate attention whore. Madonna actually had a message to say.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 pm

I write both Madonna and Gaga off! big grin There's no need for controversy in music when you got true talent. big grin
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Chris wrote:
What do you think of celebrities who are as known for controversy as they are their work? Does it make them more interesting to you, or does it make them seem more gimmicky, and less sincere/talented?

i like to read about them, but it won't make me turn away from a movie/tv show that they are on.. i'll still watch if i like it
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I write both Madonna and Gaga off! big grin There's no need for controversy in music when you got true talent. big grin

Actually they both have talent and both used their talent and gimmicks to call attention to that talent.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:49 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:
I think that, just because Madonna is 50, America isn't interested. The music is still good, her shows are intense, and she's still as intelligent as she ever was. She took a break between albums and GaGa happened to have come up with her gimmicks and now, all of a sudden, she's the new queen of pop.

wtf?

Since when did Madonna retire?

But anyway, this is about controversy. GaGa makes her own gimmicks because she's a desperate attention whore. Madonna actually had a message to say.

Its called changing with the times. Madonna has certainly not been forgotten and Yes she is still very talented and I don't think anyone doubts her intelligence, she is a self made woman and I have always admired her for that!

GAGA is the product of a new generation that wanted a new Queen of Pop and she gave the people what they wanted. I saw her Monster Ball concert on HBO the girl is very talented, by no means a comparison to Madonna but she does have talent.

Hey I am still a Madonna fan and I look forward to her next CD that should be out soon.

Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:

Actually they both have talent and both used their talent and gimmicks to call attention to that talent.

I think GaGa uses gimmicks. I think Madonna used imagery she liked that happened to piss a lot of people off.

GaGa is the one with the... "I stayed in my egg for three days" kind of stuff. It's never about the music or anything. Even her videos are entirely unrelated to the song. Judas, in fact, for so "incoherent" that the Catholic didn't even care. She really just wants people to love her. I just see her doing more harm than good to the music industry. She's nothing but a fraud. sad Whenever I see her, I just want to slug her one in the face.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Depends. For the most part, it's the latter.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:19 am

Depends on how far their antics go & how often they pull stunts. I think tho if their work is good then all the "gimmicks" and controversy cant take anything away from it. Some stars just cant play the dapper clean cut star. They got personalities and gotta do what they gotta do. Doesnt take away from their talent. The ones who aint talented and use gimmicks and controversy always fade away sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:55 am

This thread is so interesting to me, as I read Tony's and Rob's posts about Madonna and Gaga.

The one thing I wanted to say is that in Madonna's time, creating the "buzz factor" was a much different beast. Online buzz was non existent during many of Madonna's efforts in pushing the line. So, maybe or maybe not, that factor makes Gaga different. I think that any true blue Gaga fans would say that her stunts like the meat dress are just her expression, and not to get into the weekly mags. Even if Madonna's headlines were just for buzz, they were not as easy...

Who knows? Both women are so talented. Madonna will always have my heart, and I don't think Gaga will ever do that for me, but she is crazy talented.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:

Sorry Big Bro, I gotta disagree. IMO, neither is anything special.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:37 am

RedBedroom wrote:
This thread is so interesting to me, as I read Tony's and Rob's posts about Madonna and Gaga.

The one thing I wanted to say is that in Madonna's time, creating the "buzz factor" was a much different beast. Online buzz was non existent during many of Madonna's efforts in pushing the line. So, maybe or maybe not, that factor makes Gaga different. I think that any true blue Gaga fans would say that her stunts like the meat dress are just her expression, and not to get into the weekly mags. Even if Madonna's headlines were just for buzz, they were not as easy...

Who knows? Both women are so talented. Madonna will always have my heart, and I don't think Gaga will ever do that for me, but she is crazy talented.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

Sorry Big Bro, I gotta disagree. IMO, neither is anything special.

I am going to duct tape you to a chair and put headphones on you and make you listen to a marathon of both Madonna and GAGA! big hugz By the time its over you will know every word to every Madonna and GAGA song.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 am

Tony Marino wrote:
I am going to duct tape you to a chair and put headphones on you and make you listen to a marathon of both Madonna and GAGA! big hugz

You ain't prepared for the consequences you will have to deal with if you try that! big grin
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:46 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:
I am going to duct tape you to a chair and put headphones on you and make you listen to a marathon of both Madonna and GAGA! big hugz

You ain't prepared for the consequences you will have to deal with if you try that! big grin

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:54 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Forgiveness Man wrote:

LMAO!
You laugh now Big Bro, but you won't be laughing then. big grin
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:55 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

LMAO!
You laugh now Big Bro, but you won't be laughing then. big grin

embarassed faints
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Depends on why they're controversial. If they cause controversy by being outspoken about pertinent views, then I congratulate them for not being a glossy, plastic Hollywood bot. If they're controversial for things like sex, nudity, depravity and go out of their way to shock people for attention or the hell of it, then they're tools (even if they do have some talent.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversial celebrities   Controversial celebrities Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversial celebrities
Page 1 of 1