Bridge to Terebithia Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bridge to Terebithia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Bridge to Terebithia Empty
PostSubject: Bridge to Terebithia   Bridge to Terebithia EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:41 pm

My nephew talked me into seeing the movie with him a couple years back and I recently found the book at the library and decided to check it out. Has anyone else read this one? I was surprised to find that it was written in the 1970s, I had figured it would be newer than that.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Bridge to Terebithia   Bridge to Terebithia EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:43 am

I read it years ago in school and loved and hated it. I know that it's one of those books that's sometimes recommended for a child who has lost a loved one of is losing a loved on. I remember being excited when the movie came out, as I'd really enjoyed the book, though of course I prefer the book.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bridge to Terebithia   Bridge to Terebithia EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:58 am

I prefer the book too, it's very to the point and I think it's better when we don't have this illusion of their monsters coming to life like in the movie. The trailer for that made it seem like it was all real, the giants and everything, and it wasn't, and I like that in the book they keep it as all just being their imagination.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bridge to Terebithia   Bridge to Terebithia EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Now this is just my mean vindictive streak shining through, but when Jess goes home and the family is out of their minds because they thought he had drowned with Leslie, I liked it. The mother bitches about he never does anything to help her when he's the ONLY one raising a damn finger to help her out out of 5 kids, they deserved the worry and grief even if it was only temporary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bridge to Terebithia   Bridge to Terebithia Empty

Back to top Go down

Bridge to Terebithia
Page 1 of 1