CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Impact
TSJFan4Ever
Shale
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
RobbieFTW
10 posters

The least painful death penalty (execution)

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

The least painful death penalty (execution) Empty The least painful death penalty (execution)

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:53 am

What do you think is the least painful method of execution??? You would think lethal injection but all ur organs shutting down one by one has to be torture even if it is quick.

2nd part question . . .
    you think people on death row should be able to choose how they die?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The least painful death penalty (execution) Empty Re: The least painful death penalty (execution)

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:11 am

I couldn't say. One could argue a quick bullet through the head might be the least painful. Only somebody who's been executed could tell you.

I honestly am not very concerned with giving them the least painful method and I am not going to let them choose it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The least painful death penalty (execution) Empty Re: The least painful death penalty (execution)

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:15 am

I think a firing squad would be because that guy they executed in Utah, there were four men but only one live round and it got him right in the chest and killed him I do believe instantly. Anything else will linger, hanging can take a few minutes, electric chair is about 30 seconds before you're unconscious, another minute or so before you're actually dead and during that your skin can catch on fire and your eyes can explode out your head.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:18 am

Lethal injection if done right and they could knock them out first as in prepping for surgery.

IDK what all the production is with the execution process, but I have held dogs being euthanized and the doc gave just one shot of the phenobarbitol with poison and the dog just died, quickly and quietly within seconds.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:42 pm

I really don't know enough about the death penalty. Canada hasn't had it since the sixties. Would you die instantly from a firing squad? Wouldn't it take a few seconds, at least? I read somewhere that someone was accidentally given one of the drugs used in lethal injection - apparently there are three different ones - and he said it burned like fire in his veins.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Lethal interjection is the least painful if they allow it to be. From what I understand, there are two injections: the first one puts the inmate to sleep, they may feel a burning sensation as the injection starts to go through the body but it's not painful, and the second injection stops the heart from beating.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Okay - maybe. Someone told me there's one that paralyzes you, one that puts you to sleep and then one that actually kills you.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:26 am

I think the lethal injection is or at least it should be.....but I've heard reports that it isn't. And I don't think death row inmates should choose how they want to die. They weren't given the choice to die so why should they be given the choice on how? It's a little fucked up IMO. I'm against the death penalty anyway.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:29 am

Probably the guillotine is least painful, severing all nerve in the spinal cord in milliseconds. But it is sooo messy. (depictions on screen clean up beheadings and throat cuttings - blood actually spurts and there are quarts of it before it stops).

I wish they would allow beheadings. You see all this euphemising that a person is being brutally killed is what keeps ppl supporting the death penalty. lay them on a gurney like I have been several times pre-op. Knock them out so they are not around when you stop their heart, just like any number of ppl who do come back from open heart surgery. It gives the illusion that it is alright.

But a head thudding on the floor and quarts of blood spurting out belie that serenity.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 am

Nystyle709 wrote:I think the lethal injection is or at least it should be.....but I've heard reports that it isn't. And I don't think death row inmates should choose how they want to die. They weren't given the choice to die so why should they be given the choice on how? It's a little fucked up IMO. I'm against the death penalty anyway.
    co-signs
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:09 pm

I also heard that lethal injection isn't that peaceful a way to go as it may seem. I didn't know death row inmates got to pick how they die.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:53 am

Old age would probably be the least painful in most cases. If they wanted to be more "humane" about it, they could fore go all the drama leading up to it. Let the condemned think the execution was the next morning and pump some CIA-type nerve gas into their air tight cell the night before. I know. It'll never happen.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Of the 5 common methods still used (from least painful to most painful):

1. Lethal Injection
    2. Firing Squad
    3. Hanging
    4. Gas Chamber
    5. Electric Chair

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am