What have you had lessons in? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have you had lessons in?

Go down 
+5
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Shale
Nystyle709
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

What have you had lessons in? Empty
PostSubject: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:31 am

Have you ever had any kind of formal training in something? If so, what? When it was over, were you thoroughly skilled in it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:33 am

Well, I've taken karate and singing lessons. I still can't sing and I know how to do a roundhouse kick but that's about it.....so nope....wasn't skilled by the lessons at all. And it's not like I took them for a long time either.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:08 am

I have taken a course at a tech school for Certified Nursing Assistant, passed with flying colors and worked in the field for years.

Got training in AIDS education and occasionally give classes at work, which is a requirement in my field. (But I think it is mostly a waste of time. I always open the class with "What planet have you been on for the past 30 years?")

I once landed a job teaching intellectually disabled adults ceramics. I had only bdone some ceramics in high school art, so I went to the library got several books and taught myself about working clay and the kiln. The rest was just my inovation and imagination.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 am

I took piano lessons when I was much younger. That was my parent's idea and didn't last long. Much later, I paid for my own saxophone lessons but that didn't last either for economic reasons.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:23 am

When I was 12 I took guitar lessons over the summer but I hated it so when I went back to school in the fall I gave it up and later sold the guitar.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 pm

elementary-junior high i took viola lessons, i cant read music for shit now, but my niece had a violin, and i can still play twinkle twinkle little star
Back to top Go down
gingersnaps
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
gingersnaps

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Took clarinet lessons during junior and senior high.. still pretty good at it.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:49 pm

When I was in the 7th grade, I took 13 weeks of Clarinet lessons at the University of Oregon. I didn't leave a pro, but was good enough to be in the school band (where I only wanted to be because a friend of mine was also there.)
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Piano, flute, swimming, ballet and dancing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you had lessons in?   What have you had lessons in? Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you had lessons in?
Page 1 of 1