CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Kansas abortion law closes all but one clinic in the entire state.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Kansas abortion law closes all but one clinic in the entire state.

Post by Chris Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:54 am

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2080926,00.html

If you're a woman living in Kansas, you only have one place to get an abortion in the entire state.

Think this is a bit much? You're not alone.

"This is radical, extreme government intrusion into private health care," Peter Brownlie, president of Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri, said Thursday as his clinic filed suit in U.S.

The new law signed Thursday makes it virtually impossible for any abortion clinic to stay afloat, due to a number of burdensome licensing requirements. They include mandating the size and number of rooms, types of supplies on hand and even room temperatures that would require ground-up remodeling of the facilities that would essentially put clinics out of business.

Critics of the plan see it as part of a plot to eliminate abortion entirely in the state, while opponents say the rules are necessary to protect women. If nothing else, the battle is a harbinger of the larger abortion debate that is likely to break out over the next year as the 2012 presidential race heats up.

The rules are temporary and were passed in a hurry-up process and the clinics didn't get the final version of them until just one week before, at which point inspections took place right away. The rapid pace led a Wichita Eagle reporter to suspect that it was "a backdoor way to try to close clinics."
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

News Re: Kansas abortion law closes all but one clinic in the entire state.

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 am

Nice to see leftist regulatory tactics come back around. Not going to cry about human slaughterhouses being a little more sparse in some areas. (Besides, aren't they available at many hospitals?)

I like how suddenly we care about government intrusion into healthcare when last year, we're all cool about how necessary it is. lol Planned Parenthood doesn't like it. So sad for them. (*cries fake tears.)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 am

Well personally and yes I'll admit I'm heavily biased, it doesn't bother me.

When my mother was pregnant with me, her idiot doctor told her women can't have kids after 30 or they die (she was 39 when she had me) and that she HAD to abort me or she would die. And this doctor was in some connection to the infamous abortionist who was killed a while back, Tiller the Killer, he had plans to have my mother as a patient and get rid of pesky ol' me: big grin Except that my mother and her mother-in-law had enough sense to tell them both off and she would take her chances with me.

And I'd like to think she's done pretty well considering it's 21 years later and she's STILL in excellent health; the only time she almost died was when her moronic doctor decided since he didn't get paid for deliveries, to do a C-section which he read the how-to on from a book WHILE HE DID IT. Then he sewed her up with nylon which she said 100 times she was allergic to but ooooh nooo he knows everything, so her stomach was infected and swollen and oozing pus and turning red and hurting for six months before she finally pulled it out herself, and before he left the state he had quite a trail of his patients' bodies behind him. It's very odd, it would almost seem like the doctor was determined to his make his death prediction come true at all costs since she wouldn't get an abortion like he said. Hmmmmmm What?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:39 pm

LOL. They'll just go across the border to get an abortion. Just another stupid way to somehow 'outlaw' abortion in that state without actually doing so. It's pathetic.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Supernova wrote:It's very odd, it would almost seem like the doctor was determined to his make his death prediction come true at all costs since she wouldn't get an abortion like he said. Hmmmmmm What?

One would think that, wouldn't they? Wink
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 pm

All these attempts to halt abortion rights remind me of how they try and seize gay marriage. Clock cant be rolled back. Time goes forward not backwards. They can make it more "difficult" but anybody set on abortion is gonna get one no matter how much they try and make it harder.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 pm

^^^^Just like anybody set on committing a hate crime is gonna do it no matter how they try to punish it? lol I guess you're right. If somebody wants to kill somebody else bad enough, be it somebody who they are intolerant of or their child, they're gonna do it. (and then they're going to make a bunch of excuses as to why they are justified in doing it, often be de-humanizing their victim.) But the law shouldn't give support to it.

"There's no turning back the clock." A meaningless statement in the context of any valid discussion.

But on the topic: I don't see why abortion clinics shouldn't be regulated like everything else. The government regulates our fricking food and we never hear people whining about how restaurants will have to adapt their recipes. So why the fuss? If making clinics comply with some simple regulations kills them, then they were probably junk centers to begin with. So there's only one place in Kansas for a mother to have her child killed? Heaven forbid!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Supernova wrote:It's very odd, it would almost seem like the doctor was determined to his make his death prediction come true at all costs since she wouldn't get an abortion like he said. Hmmmmmm What?

One would think that, wouldn't they? Wink

It's very funny, I had never thought of that before, but what're the odds, he says she will die if she carries me, and she can just push me out but oooooh no he doesn't get paid for that, he has to cut her open, then sew her up with material she's allergic to, and hook her up to a machine that somehow malfunctions and sucks out most of her blood and would've killed her if my father hadn't been there to shut it off. Then all the staff can do is laugh and say 'whoops, well you almost died, didn't you?'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:22 pm