CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Supernova
Cheaps
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Chris
8 posters

Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? Empty Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?

Post by Chris Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 am

Are you attracted to black and white film/TV, or do you prefer color?
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? Empty Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 am

Of course! big grin
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? Empty Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?

Post by Cheaps Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 am

i used to like watching i love lucy
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

Black and white often tends to attract my attention more. It's like in the 30s there were a bunch of great movies, but then in the 50s they remade them and the big things were colorizing them and putting in a bunch of song and dance numbers, and the remakes bombed. And you look at some of the later b/w movies, The Nanny with Bette Davis, if it had been in color I don't think it would've worked as well, the lack of color draws you in and gets your attention, whereas if it was a color movie it would've been like just another movie.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 am

I grew up with B&W movies and TV, tho Technicolor was the big thing in movies in my childhood. I have seen some modern movies that mute the colors and even show some scenes in B&W for effect and I can appreciate that.

But, we have the capability to create color movies and I do enjoy the visuals of that. However, I loathe colorizing art that was never meant to be in color. There must be a special hell for Ted Turner and all the idiots who supported his destruction of beautifully shot B&W movies. I'm surprised he didn't publish a book of Ånsel Adams fotos in color.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 am

I watch a lot of old movies and TV shows in B&W, its great!!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Shale wrote: However, I loathe colorizing art that was never meant to be in color. There must be a special hell for Ted Turner and all the idiots who supported his destruction of beautifully shot B&W movies. I'm surprised he didn't publish a book of Ånsel Adams fotos in color.
    co-signs No problem with shows or films that are original B&W.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 pm

I don't mind them if that's what they were originally recorded in, but I prefer color.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:49 pm