Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?

Go down 
+4
Supernova
Cheaps
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? Empty
PostSubject: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 am

Are you attracted to black and white film/TV, or do you prefer color?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 am

Of course! big grin
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 am

i used to like watching i love lucy
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

Black and white often tends to attract my attention more. It's like in the 30s there were a bunch of great movies, but then in the 50s they remade them and the big things were colorizing them and putting in a bunch of song and dance numbers, and the remakes bombed. And you look at some of the later b/w movies, The Nanny with Bette Davis, if it had been in color I don't think it would've worked as well, the lack of color draws you in and gets your attention, whereas if it was a color movie it would've been like just another movie.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 am

I grew up with B&W movies and TV, tho Technicolor was the big thing in movies in my childhood. I have seen some modern movies that mute the colors and even show some scenes in B&W for effect and I can appreciate that.

But, we have the capability to create color movies and I do enjoy the visuals of that. However, I loathe colorizing art that was never meant to be in color. There must be a special hell for Ted Turner and all the idiots who supported his destruction of beautifully shot B&W movies. I'm surprised he didn't publish a book of Ånsel Adams fotos in color.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 am

I watch a lot of old movies and TV shows in B&W, its great!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Shale wrote:
However, I loathe colorizing art that was never meant to be in color. There must be a special hell for Ted Turner and all the idiots who supported his destruction of beautifully shot B&W movies. I'm surprised he didn't publish a book of Ånsel Adams fotos in color.
co-signs No problem with shows or films that are original B&W.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 pm

I don't mind them if that's what they were originally recorded in, but I prefer color.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?   Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you like watching black and white films/TV shows?
Page 1 of 1