The Borders Books In My Area Closed Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Borders Books In My Area Closed

Go down 
+4
Chris
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Marc™
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

The Borders Books In My Area Closed Empty
PostSubject: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 am

I drove by there tonight, pulled into a vacant parking lot....and saw a sign on the door thanking customers for the last 17 years of business....and that an alternate Borders Bookstore could be found in some suburb that I'm not that familiar with, and isn't close to me.

Another thing from childhood/young adulthood killed by the Internet. pissed
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 am

I'm sorry, we've never had one of those around here
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 am

We used to go to the Boarders in the next town but the internet and the Barnes & Noble that came in killed it a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 am

Yes, unfortunately Borders is going the way of Blockbuster Video. There used to be one on every other corner, now you have to search for them, and it's usually not a convenient location. They're hellbent on getting us to shop online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 am

The big Borders (affectionately called Big Borders) in downtown Boston is going out of business. When I found out, my heart dropped.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Marc, sorry to hear that.

Aren't signs that say "Thank you for x amount of years..." so sad? I saw one recently on a mom and pop cafe and it was sad.

It is so sad that our book stores are leaving us left and right. We have a magazine place downtown that has been there for years. I sure hope they make it because they are a staple for people who grew up in this area. I know what the history of that place means to people around here.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:06 pm

We lost ours a few months back. Most of the express ones disappeared too. I feel sad, but on the other hand, I always found them to be WAY overpriced as well. If you want to stay competitive, you gotta have better deals.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 pm

The Boarders in the mall by my house is still holding up. I'm surprised. They're about to become another Walden's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed   The Borders Books In My Area Closed Empty

Back to top Go down

The Borders Books In My Area Closed
Page 1 of 1