Gold digging, Yay or Nay? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gold digging, Yay or Nay?

Go down 
+7
Supernova
DanaShelbyChancey
RedBedroom
Chris
CeCe
Alan Smithee
femme fatale
11 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Gold digging, Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 am

What is a gold digger to you? I had an argument with some people who said that I was wrong for saying that I would never date a broke man, they called it gold digging. I thought that a gold digger was someone who purposely set out to marry someone with money. In your opinion, what is a gold digger?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 am

I would come down on your side of the argument for the most part. If the man is broke because he's too lazy to hold a job I wouldn't fault a woman for not wanting to support him. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with being a gold digger. They marry rich man who want trophy wives. Everybody gets what they want.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:30 am

femme fatale wrote:
What is a gold digger to you? I had an argument with some people who said that I was wrong for saying that I would never date a broke man, they called it gold digging. I thought that a gold digger was someone who purposely set out to marry someone with money. In your opinion, what is a gold digger?

I agree. A gold digger is more interested in the money than the man & will better deal him at the first opportunity. She's not interested in him, but only in what she can get from him.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 am

A gold digger is someone who ingratiates themselves into someone's life for the sake of having access to the other persons wealth. Not wanting to date someone who is jobless isn't being a gold digger, it's being pragmatic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Chris wrote:
A gold digger is someone who ingratiates themselves into someone's life for the sake of having access to the other persons wealth. Not wanting to date someone who is jobless isn't being a gold digger, it's being pragmatic.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Never mind what people say. You would be crazy to hook up with a guy who is perpetually broke because he doesn't work, or has too many child support garnishments. What is so appealing about a guy with nothing?

A gold digger is a woman who marries a man solely for his money, nothing else. BUT, if she is a good wife to him anyway, enjoys his money and treats him right, I don't find fault with that.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:53 pm

In my opinion a gold digger is something, mainly a woman, who gets her hooks into a rich guy just for the sake of his money, even if they act interested in the man, even if they endure the duration of the marriage, just to get the money at the end, that is a gold digger but I think most of them sap it away here and there over the years or try to bump the guy off to collect early.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Chris wrote:

Yup
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm on your side!!!! I wouldn't want to be with a guy who had no money, either. I work hard for mine and don't want a free-loader. Not dating someone who's broke is smart!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Chris wrote:

Yeah what he said.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 pm

femme fatale wrote:

Perhaps they were confused by your definition of 'broke'. Do you mean you wouldn't date a man who is just an average guy working to pay the bills and barely getting by, or a man who can pay his bills but isn't necessarily making six figures or just anybody who isn't making six figures? Or you wouldn't date a guy who maybe struggling financially, but is working towards something that's going to pay off eventually....like a med student?
Back to top Go down
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 am

Perhaps they were confused by your definition of 'broke'. Do you mean you wouldn't date a man who is just an average guy working to pay the bills and barely getting by, or a man who can pay his bills but isn't necessarily making six figures or just anybody who isn't making six figures? Or you wouldn't date a guy who maybe struggling financially, but is working towards something that's going to pay off eventually....like a med student?
[/quote]

You have a very good point there. I was once told (when I was in school) that a guy without an advanced degree was a "bum". I kid you not. I was informed of that when I said I would not have to marry a guy who had a lot of education, as long as he could make a good living.

Because it is not wrong for a woman, or a man, to want their partner to be capable of taking care of themselves, and helping each other.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
...Sometimes there's nothing wrong with being a gold digger. They marry rich man who want trophy wives. Everybody gets what they want.
This is quite true and traditionally, marriages were between women being about 10 years younger than their husbands. Men had to establish themselves as the breadwinner before they were considered marriage material and young women were often attracted to their provider ability.

I even see this in gay male circles. There are a lot of couples where one guy is considerably older than the eye-candy partner. (Unfortunately I am old but not rich - so ain't got no eye-candy partner)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold digging, Yay or Nay?   Gold digging, Yay or Nay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold digging, Yay or Nay?
Page 1 of 1